Forte II looking for a center

flipone

Well another Forte II would be the best match, but because of space constraints not many people do this.

The Academy is the recommended center channel match for the Forte II's, but finding one is getting harder and harder and the price is through the roof.

The KLF-C7 is another center channel that people have reported working well, and they are pretty popular and not too hard to get.....yet.

After those 3.....you really are not going to be happy with the tonal match. The RC-7, RC-3, KV-4, and KV-3 are all speakers that you could use, but they won't be a tonal and timbre match to the Forte II's.

There is an Academy on eBay right now - http://cgi.ebay.aol.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1280110558

There is a single Forte II for sale on this BB - http://216.37.9.58/ubb/Forum4/HTML/002455.html

And the other speakers are available at your local Klipsch dealer, or eBay or other internet dealer.

Try to stick to the first 2 options......those will give you the best results.

Good Luck.

------------------

Klipsch Quartets - fronts

Klipsch Academy - center

Klipsch KG 1.5's - rear surrounds

Klipsch KG .5's - rear side surrounds

Klipsch KSW12 subwoofer

Denon AVR-4800

Denon POA-5200 THX Amp (fronts)

Sony C-67ES CD Player

JVC 36D201 36" TV

JVC HR-S3600 SVHS Player

JVC XV-M565BK DVD Player

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2100 Digital Cable box

Playstation 2

Monster Power HTS-2000

Monster Cable M-series Speaker Cable and subwoofer cable

Monster Component, S-Video, and Optical cables

RS HT Gold Interconnects

A Quartet seems to be a good compromise to another Forte II; all the advantages (the same K61 midrange), in a slightly smaller and lighter package. The timbre match is NOT close, it is EXACT and voices truly float seamlessly across the front soundstage. However I can't help but worry that it will coming crashing down in the middle of the night and destroy the Mitsubishi.

cwm25.gif

If you are REALLY picky (or INSANE), stick to a Quartet or Forte II.

As an owner of a pair of Forte IIs, and matched them up first with a KV-3 and now a KV-4, I must respectfully step in and defend those two excellent speakers. I had the KV-3 for about 8 years and it did very well, keeping up with the Fortes in most instances. My KV-4 is slightly better than the -3, so I am happy I made the upgrade. I have not had any situations where the -4 hasn't kept up with the mains. While I haven't heard the Academy, I don't know how much better it could be than the KV-4.

The KV-3 has a sensitivity of 95 dB, the KV-4 has 99 dB, and the Academy is at 96 dB. KV-4 is 200W and the Academy is 100W. Forte II is 96 dB and 100W. I don't mean to bad mouth the Academy, I'd love to hear one in person and compare, but don't discount the KV series. If you can grab an Academy at a good price, go for it, but don't feel that the KV would disappoint you.