Now I know what I was missing!

texxas guy

Just received my SVS 20-39 PC+ on Friday, and have been playing all weekend. It replaced a weak JBL PSW-1200. a mere toy compared to the SVS. It blends great with my KLF-20's! God what sub-sonic bliss! I kept reading you guys post about all this low frequency effects in movies that I had not heard (the tap on the aquarium glass in Finding Nemo is a good example). Well, now I understand. I thought my sheetrock was going to crack. And, I don't think I will have to invest in any bass shakers either. Gee, I hope my neighbors will still speak to me. Now I have to go back and watch and listen to all my dvds and cds! Tough job, but someone's gotta do it.

After having the sub for a couple months and dialing it in I am surprised how much bass information there really is. Classical is what really took me by surprise...a guy just doesnt realize until he hears it. And...this goes for any good sub able to reproduce bass like it should not just SVS.

After having the sub for a couple months and dialing it in I am surprised how much bass information there really is. Classical is what really took me by surprise...a guy just doesnt realize until he hears it. And...this goes for any good sub able to reproduce bass like it should not just SVS.

I feel exactly the same way. I am hearing bass in movies and music that I never knew existed.

After having the sub for a couple months and

dialing it in I am surprised how much bass information there really is.

Classical is what really took me by surprise...a guy just doesnt

realize until he hears it. And...this goes for any good sub able to

reproduce bass like it should not just SVS.

You have to tell this to the 2-channel guys... where "khorns don't need a sub" reigns

I still have hard time understanding the reasoning for believing that a

speaker doesn't need to reproduce frequencies below 40Hz. CD's

and many instrument's harmonics are capable of it... why write

those off? It's one full octave... same as going from

10,000Hz to the famous 20,000Hz.

Congrats on the sub... and enjoy what you've been missing... [:)]

ROb

But "20kHz isn't important" either....most people "can't hear above 8kHz" anyway [;)]

I can't wait till I have my own house with the dedicated theater in the middle of nowhere....the goal will be flat extension down to 5Hz @ 120dB. I'll probably never use either the extension or the volume, but at least it's there [H]