Has Anyone Had A Personal Experience With The SVS B-12

NOZ

Just wondering, if any of you have actually heard or felt this thing.

Need to get a new.....or slightly used sub.

I had dual ultras, just thinking this may be a better route.....

Not that the ultras were lackig anything though.

Thanks

Sean

You're meaning I'm sure the B-12+4.

When you say Ultras, do you mean PCU's, CSU's, PB12-Us?

He owned two passive CS-ultra's driven by a Bryston amplifier. I heard and felt these, they forever changed my view on subwoofers. Nothing I had experienced to that point had the impact and clarity I felt.

With that said, they are impressive to say the least. There are other options, especially here in Canada, given the high cost of importing SVS. I am sure NOZ can chime in on exactly how much it cost him for the dual CS-ultra package with the Samson amplifier.

He owned two passive CS-ultra's driven by a Bryston amplifier. I heard and felt these, they forever changed my view on subwoofers. Nothing I had experienced to that point had the impact and clarity I felt.

With that said, they are impressive to say the least. There are other options, especially here in Canada, given the high cost of importing SVS. I am sure NOZ can chime in on exactly how much it cost him for the dual CS-ultra package with the Samson amplifier.

I can imagine. Knowing how the DB-12 driver performs I have yet to experience the TV-12. With the builld quality I've seen, I assume it would be nothing short of breath taking.

Yes it's the B12 plus 4.

Looks pretty cool. I wonder if the Bryston 4B will be enough to power it though.

It should be because I can bridge it, where with the dual ultras it wasn't and it was perfect for those.

And yes they were CS Ultras.

Cheers

Sean

If you haven't already done so, get in touch with the SVS guys. They are very much straight shooters, and will give you the honest scoop on whether or not it is worth the trouble to change. They are really good about not BSing customers just to sell subs - it would definitely be worth an email to them to get their take on this. I would be curious as to their response.

Edit: Oh, whoops - you sold the Ultras? At any rate, I would still get an opinion from SVS, you should get a straight answer from them.

You have been absent a while, no? Klipsch has a new THX sub kit as well - reports are very good.