WTB ( or Trade ) Stock pair Forte II crossovers

jerohm

I have a couple of K-76-Ks (and another one that needs a new diaphragm) and crossovers from Quartets (just the crossovers, without the terminal cup, posts, or speaker connection wires) if there would be any interest in working out some kind of deal. In kind, all I am only looking for is the Forte II crossover (with the T7A autoformers, but no need for the terminal cup, posts, or speaker connection wires. If you just have a set of T7As (for sale), I might be interested in these if no one can provide the entire crossover.
Thanks
Jim
jerohm@yahoo.com

Thanks. I am going to try for the whole crossover first. If that doesn't work out, I will get back to you. I DO have a question though. The marking on the Quartet autoformer is T11A. The schematic that is floating around states a T2A. Do you know if these two are the same or what is going on?? Thanks again.

What is important is the value of attenuation needed. For the Forte II you need -10 db according to the schematic I have. The T2A can give 3, 6, 9 or 12 db. The 3636 can give any value of attenuation between 1 and 12 db in 1 db increments.

Bob

post-9312-13819275989366_thumb.jpg

That's desoldering braid. It's copper, but it's coated with rosin -- yuck. Just use wire. Get some nice buss wire from mouser. 18AWG is good enough for short runs across the board. Mouser part# 602-296-100.

You gotta watch them audiophiles, they use all kinds of strange stuff in their networks.:)

Buss wire is solid copper wire that is pre-tinned and not insulated. Good for short runs where insulation is not needed or in some places like jumpers from one terminal on a strip to another, impractical to use insulated wire. 12 AWG is just too big for use in crossovers. 16 AWG is plenty big enough and much easier to use.

Bob