The Boss"born to Run"

thebes

All over the national news, a remastered "Born to Run" will be released

today. Got excited, pulled out my orignal cd and was set to go down to

the record store to get the new one for an A/B.

Rats! Nothing inside the case. Must be somewhere though.

While I'm searching, if any one picks this up and does an A/B I'd be

interested in your thoughts. Obviously this thread may be around

for awhile while people get this into their hands, so be patient.

By the by, have never travelled through Jersey without some Boss on the car radio.

I got the last copy today at my favorite stereo/CD store (for $36.99), and the multi-pierced/tattoed cashier said "Wow, these are selling real well!"

I thought that I was buying it for the DVDs, but I haven't gotten to them because I've been listening to the remastered CD so much. It does sound good. I didn't have the original CD to A/B compare, but this fidelity is very good. The sax sounds rich and the bass defined-- The instruments can be easily picked out of that wall of sound, and the bells(timpani?) have a tad longer sustain --from what I remember how it used to sound on the LP. It just sounds good and rocking, and I don't remember his voice sounding this good..

Compared to the original CD pressing of "The Wild, The Innocent...", the instruments are crisper and more defined, the bass is better, and his voice is wider in the mix, and more raspy (in a good way)--

I saw him at the Orange Bowl for the "Born in the USA" tour, and he was incredible and exhausting--he literally wore everybody out. And the concert DVD is from 10 years years before that--from Bruce's own vaults. Haven't had a chance to sit and watch, but it should be great--

I don't have the first CD either, my version of Born to Run was on Maxell cassette tape and played mostly on pretty bad car stereos or with my old HK 3500 and JBL L-26's. Obviously there is no comparison here.

While listening to the CD on my rf-7's, it occurred to me there is a "wall of sound" quality still there. It is a lot more than just a wall of sound. There is so much definition to the instruments - much to be explored on this recording. This band could play!!! I'm glad I forked over the $30.00. More than well worth it.

I have to say I had kind of forgotten how finely crafted these songs are. These lyrics are very well written - the music is top notch rock-n-roll I like the sound quality too; but I've only listened once.

As I listened I wished they would remaster E-Street Shuffle this well.

I'd like to disclaim a little - I'm only throwing in my opinion, if you disagree please don't come to my home and murder me in my sleep - or think ill of me.

Glad to hear some of you have picked this up and like what you hear.

I quess I started this post way to early because I ended up putting

this cd on my christmas list, so it will be awhile before I can do an

A/B. Good news is I did find my original Born to Run.

Shoot-- I think a few hundred of the members here could make an atom bomb--or their own speakers from scratch--I sure have learned alot mixing with these guys. Sometimes, though, they make your head spin with electronics jargon and theory--

I like this Bruce set the more I listen to it--it sounds so good. Everybody I knew had it back in the mid-70's, and I kind of rebelled and didn't buy it. Everybody else HAD it-- But now listening to it and understanding it better is fun--

I watched the documentary of the making of Born to Run that comes with the set a couple days ago--One of the best films of its type. These were some dedicated dudes--alot of the struggles are captured in the film and the filmmaker stays away from cliche and really tells a great story . Bruce wouldn't have it any other way--

A great short concert from '73 is at the end with a great rendition of "Spirit in the Night"-- Can't wait to watch the London concert--