Klipsch KLF-C7

DrFish96

HI To Everyone,

There is one of these up for auction on ebay right now. In oak. Just what I want. There is one little problem. My question is, when you ship from Canada to the United States is there any sort of tax or extra charge for this. I have tried emailing the guy but he has not back to me. This in its self makes me a little nervous. He has alot of good feedback but I am not sure what to do. Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Peter

I think you are charged if you declare a value of the contents, which you would for insurance purposes. Shipping an item with no declared value is free (whatever shipping cost is) but you are screwed if something happens during the shipping process. Look at the sellers feedback to see if (s)he is a stand-up guy.

Peter:

You have good instincts. Some years back, I purchased a pair of Axiom surround speakers off of e-bay that were shipped from Canada. I was charged a tariff type of tax of about $35 on an item that I paid about $300 for. I originally had a great deal, prior to the tariff, that I did not get that bent out of shape about it.

After investigating, I learned about tariff, etc. I was told that declaring the value as 0$ might run you into problems with respect to the insurance angle so most do declare the value paid - and also pay the tax. Therefore, for anyone buying an item to be shipped from Canada, this may be an issue - and you may want to figure an additional $30-$40 into your cost.

Maybe we could have our Canadian friends chime in here to let us know the exact parameters for the tariff/tax? If it applies to airborne and/or ground shipments??

Carl.