stupid question

brennyE

You must be pretty bored to become a member and then ask what the forummembers in Australia are doing... Welcome to the forum anyway!! [:)]

(FWIW I just had my 2nd cup of coffee that urged me to another very small room in my house. Recuperating from what happened there I saw your post).

I am starting to wonder what the other 2 posts are!!! [;)] Tim. (Dutch citizen, born in Bayswater, lived my first 4 years in Box-Hill, loved "puffing Billie"!)

Geez, I must be bored too... [|-)]

up early. Last night an old HS buddy and guitarist in my old band(I'm 47 now) dropped by to listen to my system , we put on Yes Symphonic. Now this guy has BOse everywhere in his condo, I'm a Cornwall guy. He's NEVER heard it like this.

This one spot comes along in Gates of Delerium where Chris Squire steps on his Moog Bass Pedals. Low E I think it is 16 HZ. My buddy just looks over at me and grins.' Low E 'sez he. I can tell he's just SICK with envy cause his system wouldn't even think of ripping his guts apart with such a hideous low tone. I just grin.

Michael

so whats you guys set-up at home like?(if have more than one speaker system just tell me your main one!!) lol i have 2 rf-15's a HK3480 and to finish it off a rw-12 subwoofer on the way...(very hard to pay off when you are 16 and work at a supermarket lol) yes I know many a speaker set-up that would put mine to shame but it's in like a 4by4 metre bedroom, so it does alright by me!

plz post back!!! still as bored as ever[:)]

This one spot comes along in Gates of Delerium where Chris Squire steps on his Moog Bass Pedals. Low E I think it is 16 HZ. My buddy just looks over at me and grins.' Low E 'sez he. I can tell he's just SICK with envy cause his system wouldn't even think of ripping his guts apart with such a hideous low tone. I just grin.

Michael

wow! can you really get down that deep with that much power!!!!.... if only i could.[6]

Yup, I just saw your sub question. I just posted my first sub question after being a member for years. Don't drink those energy drinks. Makes me think of those very funny Australian beer tv commercials. Have a beer on me. My system is mentioned below every post of mine. Cheers mate.

ps: Michael, since you can't sleep either, why don't you get me on my way in my question in thepowered subwoofer section? (please [;)])

brenny, if you want to check out our setups, just click on any members name, many of us have stuff listed there, or go to the 'lets see your home theatre' thread under HT or numerous other threads. My signature at the bottom lists all the Klipsch speakers I own, I've lost count now.

Michael

• Moderators

Yup, I just saw your sub question. I just posted my first sub question after being a member for years. Don't drink those energy drinks. Makes me think of those very funny Australian beer tv commercials. Have a beer on me. My system is mentioned below every post of mine. Cheers mate.

ps: Michael, since you can't sleep either, why don't you get me on my way in my question in thepowered subwoofer section? (please [;)])

Hey Timmikid,

Just a curiousity question, why does the word "Betreft" appear in many thread subject lines after you post to them? I assume that's Dutch?

Thanks!

Hey Timmikid,

Just a curiousity question, why does the word "Betreft" appear in many thread subject lines after you post to them? I assume that's Dutch?

Thanks!

Oh, is that what's going on? I thought it was some Forum software oddity....

Yup, betreft must be 're'. With the new forum software I could choose language and here and there I get a few dutch words, very well done. Does not make much sense though as all the conversations are in English, but I thought it was funny to try out. I never realised though that you get to read those few Dutch words though. Is that a software glitsch? I will change my preferences back though, before I write a complete post in Dutch by accident. Makes me think of the times around a beachfire in the South of France. After a few glasses of Ricard I was speaking German to the French (ouch), English to the German and incomprehensible French to my Dutch Friends. Fortunately one of the German girls was pretty good at English, she became my Holiday love in 1988. I must try this again sometimes. Any German Klipsch ladies on the Forum here? [;)]

Eeehhh, isn't Unger a German name? [:$]

I took French for 5 years, though. Sorry

Well darn! There goes my morning, I was already dreaming of being no 1 Klipsch agent in Europe. I can try out every speaker I want and get paid for it!![6]. Everybody loves me, because I managed to bring European prices down to US prizes. Klipsch conquers the market. Coffeeshops are all equipped with Khorns, all customers are skyhigh... Even the queen has Klipsch.

Then I wake up and read that Amy speaks French, all plans down the drain and... I ran out of coffee. [:@]

ps: If anyone tries to find any logic in the above, it's your own fault.

Greetings, Tim.

Things were a lot easier in 1988! [:)]