looking for a song any help appreciated

joessportster

i heard a song when i was near 16 years old and i can remember the words (some at least) but i never knew the artist or the album it was on. it was an old cassette the writing had worn off, anyone know a good site to look this up like that (using a partial verse etc...), maybe someone here will know it below is part of the lyrics

"ive been down on a road

i dont wanna see no more

just look into my eyes and you can see

im looking for a friend to take me in

and close the door"

i am not sure it is worded exactly like this, i do know the first 2 lines are in correct order, and i know the last 3 lines are in order just not sure they followed each other as i have written. can anyone help?????????

Joe

and i know this is 2 channell i tried general? was hoping to get more views here.

ok synthfreek. i took your suggestion and found 2 new copies one copy of each album they have out from 1978 and 1979

1978 self titled, and 1979 morning comes (which is supposed to have the dance around the campfire song on it

good prices under 10.00 for both new sealed albums took the plunge will see if the seller is a straight up guy hard to beleive he had both in new sealed condition being that old at least wont be dropping a fortune on them thanks alot for the info. I have to ask how you had or found the name do you have the album? if so how is it overall

larry my memory is getting shorter but that song has some good memories for me i can recall my dad and i getting the tape from a old friend of his, and we listened to it had to be around 1980 or there abouts and it was one of those few songs a kid would listen to that there parent would enjoy as well, i tried to get the name of the band back then but the name and info on the tape had worn off almost completely. to this day the only place i heard that song was with my dad in the motor home, never heard it on the radio. to cool that someone on this forum had the info and made it possiable for me to find the song (albums) again. after they arrive i will make sure it is the correct song and then call up pops and freak him out with the song (he already thinks im nuts having near 3000 albums

and im 40 years old soon to be 41 (march)

thanks so much for the input Joe