Klh-10 on Ubid

Klipsch-daddy

Has anyone on this board purchased a pair of these speakers off of ubid. Also have you had any problems with them. It shows to have a 3 year waranty through klipsch. For around 500.00 shipped it a awesome deal.

------------------

My HTS:

MAINS: KSB 3.1

CENTER: KSC-C1

REAR: Looking for some

SUB: KSW-12

TV: TOSHIBA THEATER VIEW 50"

RECEIVER:KENWOOD VR-4080B

DVD: SONY S-360 DVD PLAYER

Last month, I purchased a pair of KLF-10's and a pair of KLF-20's (all mahagony) from uBid. No problem with either, other than with shipping. I had them sent to my office, and both sets were delivered to the wrong address (a different building at our university). So, I'm not happy with FedEx Ground shipping, but that's not really a problem with uBid or the quality of the speakers. We're having some home remodeling done, so all I've been able to do with these so far is check for damage and make sure they work ok. Looking forward to actually replacing my Synergy speakers with these in a few weeks!

Ubid's also been offering the matching center - the KLF-C7, so you'll probably want to upgrade to that if you indeed go after the 10's or 20's.

By the way, my understanding is that all of the Klipsch speakers on uBid actually come with the full 5-year warranty (no matter what's listed on each auction). That's been posted by several others on this BB as well.

Good luck!

Steve

I used to use the S-5 with my system.

KLF 20 Mains

KLF C7 Center

KSP S6 Surrounds(now)

They were not bad, but the S-6s are better if you can find them. Also, after being rebuked on another thread I understand that the RS7s are a better match than the S-6s.

I am now using a S-5 for my rear center until I can afford to get another C-7.

aab

aab,

It's nice to know someone else has used the KSF-S5 surrounds with KLF-20's... I've been a bit worried about the low sensitivity of the S5's (90) vs that of the 20's (100). I'll have to wait to get this all set up (in a few weeks) to see how it all sounds in my HT room.

This all started when I upgraded my receiver to 6.1 surround (a Newcastle R-956). Then I grabbed the 10's and 20's on uBid; have since passed the 10's on to a friend. Then, got two KLF-C7's on uBid. I've probably exhausted my spousal unit's tolerance of HT ugrades for a few months, but will quietly ponder going for KSP-S6's or RS7's when the time is right! The big hurdle right now is figuring out how to hang that monster C7 from the ceiling for the rear center, and how to convince my wife that the 20's are not just speakers -- they're also fine furniture!

If you're seriously looking for a new C7, you might keep an eye out on uBid. They've been going for about $250+ s/h there; not offered every day, but they still seem to be available every now and then ....

Cheers!

Steve

I bought a KLF-C7 center channel and am very pleased with it. I am waiting on a pair of KLF 20 or KLF 30 to bid on next. I hooked up the C7 right away and have had it for about a week now with no problem. It was new and even has the inspection sticker from the factory on it. I bouth mine for a total of 247 shipped. These are some good speakers I would try for the KLF 20 instead of the KLF 10. Seems the 20's are a best of both worlds when you factor in price and performance. I doudt if UBid will ever have any KLF 30'

OH MY!!!

I JUST WON KLF-20's for 536 with shipping!!

The wife doesn't know yet!!!

I really just bid for the heck of it, they were so low... and I WON!

Now, to explain to the wife...

------------------

Front: dbx Soundfield V -5-way w/15" woofers

Center: KLF C7

Rear Surround: Polk RT f/x bipole/dipole

Amp: Yamaha RX-V990 100x3; 25x2

DVD: Yamaha DVD S795 (built-in DD Processor)

CD: Yamaha CDC 575 5-Disc

VCR: Toshiba M752 6-head

TV: Mitsubishi 40" Tube

DirecTV

Sony Playstation connected to V990 for awesome gaming picture & sound!

DREWZTER,

you are the man!!!! lets hook them up at my house first!!!! If you dont like I will gladly take them off of your hands..!

------------------

My HTS:

MAINS: KSB 3.1

CENTER: KSC-C1

REAR: Looking for some

SUB: KSW-12

TV: TOSHIBA THEATER VIEW 50"

RECEIVER:KENWOOD VR-4080B

DVD: SONY S-360 DVD PLAYER