what do you think

classichits

Well I guess I can knock on wood. I use the power amp and lascalas

for djing. My brother purchased the item new in 78. I purchased them

from him 5 years ago. I get nothing but compliments on the sound

quality. This amp is supposed to be 150 watts per channel into 8 ohm.

My brother had it test and it developing 185 watts into 8ohm. I can imaging

what it can do at 6 ohm. My lascalas are supposed to be 6ohm. My brother

warnned me that the amp could blow the lascalas.I am hopping some day

to purchase the mitsubishi power meters that match.

I know oak. My brother finished them in oak vaneer. when i move them they are

wrapped in blankets. The killer is the 125 pounds a peice. as for the sound. Nothing

in my opinion can touch them. there is a little damage at the bottom back. depending

on how you place them it is not noticeable. I have a full strip of veneer left in case

damage or if some day I sell them. Whwn my brother bought them they were

the black finish.

• 5 months later...

Nice sounding stuff, but they had reliability problems.

The filter caps in the amps are un-obtainable at this date, nothing else will work.

The reliability part is a crock. I purchased a DA-A10DC amp, DA-C20 tuner/preamp, and a pair of MS-20 monitor speakers new in 1978. I'm still listening to all of them. [:^)]

I also have the Mitsubishi system with the DA-A10DC amp, DA-P20 pre-amp, DA-F20 tuner and DA-M10 meters docked to the amp. Never any problems with them for years now and they play daily. Good looking, great quality and dependability. I've used them with my LaScalas for about 4 years but now with my Klipschorns. Perfect match.

If you can swing it, I would recommend checking out a tube preamp for when you use them at home. You'll be amazed at how it takes the edge off, and makes them more enjoyable in home settings. That is, if you use them at home, or do you just use them for DJ work?

There are so many tube preamps out there, it's hard to know where to start. However, if you're interested, there are plenty of people here that would be more than willing to give you ideas, based on your musical preference, etc. I personally am using an Audio Experience Symphonies preamp, it's a Chinese one, but it's not bad at all for an inexpensive preamp, but I suspect that more detail, and better dynamic capability would be available with a higher end preamp like Audio Research, etc.

-Jon