New Pics...

SCOOTERDOG

Man these little things are killing me. I got to get started on my next

phase and it seems like I keep finding all of these little things I

need to do. Thank goodness I am just about there.

Ok...

Here are a series of photo's showing the entry way into the theater and

the area that will become our bar & gaming area. The other door

goes into my office.

scooter

post-8797-1381927632061_thumb.jpg

Looks great. There are so many little things that only you will notice. I'm very particular about details in my project, and there are always little things that bother me, but no one else seems to notice them. It looks like your making very rapid progress. Keep up the great work.

Jeremy

Thanks Colter,

The doors have a Ball lock at the top. So when you close the doors is almost like a regular door latch except at the top. Works very well.

The doors are solid core but there is no so called seal. There is only a very slight gap between the two when they are closed otherwise they would bang on each other as they closed. As far as keeping sound in they do a pretty good job. Although even when I crank it up there there is some bleeding into the rest of the house, and sometimes my ears. [;)]

I looked at the larger handles but I felt they were just way to big for standard size doors. I found these at Lowes and they work fine. I would still like to find a different type of handle about the same size but no luck yet. For the time being these work just fine.

scooter

solid core doors are great. Maybe check out Restoration Hardward for slightly more curvaceous door handles. I agree that the home entry ones would be too large and gaudy.

Good idea with the ball latches at the top. Probably they never rattle. You could attach an astragal strip to one door and put rubber bulb seal if you wanted.

Michael

scooter.....talk to me about those plaques you have outside the door. You make 'em? Buy 'em? And how about a close up shot of them??

Tom

[:'(] [:'(] [:'(] I'm feeling left out. scooter won't answer my question. [:'(] [:'(] [:'(]

[:D]

Tom

Tom, he was embarassed [:$] to tell you that you have to be a member of the SPECIAL club to get those.

Michael

You guys are to funny!

Cheer Up

Here I am to save the day, scooterdog is on his way!

I made each one of them, in fact I have a new DTS one I'm working on. If you would like me to send them to you send me a pm with your email, I'm sure I have them burried inside my pc. The frames were from Target I think they were like 7 bucks each. Just used glossy photo paper to print them out.

scooter