Christmas gift help!

Amy

• Moderators

I'm requesting the help of my internet savvy forum members!

My dad lost his beloved Traveling Wilbury's Vol I CD years ago, and I have been wanting to get it replaced for him. It appears to be very difficult to find, and I wonder if someone can help me with a reputable seller.

I must admit, I've never bought anything from eBay or individuals I don't know, so I am leery, although I have a feeling that will be my only option.

If anyone has suggestions for me, I'd be grateful. My dad will be thrilled...

Just SEARCH for it on ebay, if you see one with a BIN that's acceptable (check shipping prices, some are outrageous), hit the button. Once someone places any bid above the starting bid, the BIN disappears. So like any auction, decide what you can pay for it.

If it goes to auction, wait until the last minute then enter your bid. Early bidding gets trumped every time.

have you found the disc already? if so please point me to the bid # and I'll see what I can do to help.

Michael

Amy, I'd be prone to do this one

s.gif

It's volumes 1 and 3 together on one CD, like $19 BIN and he only wants $2 for airmail (confirm this, I don't know what the GBP means) Don't buy from Canada or overseas cause it'll usually cost more in shipping plus delays at holidays. This one is from Mississippi.

Michael

• Moderators

Amy, I'd be prone to do this one

s.gif

It's volumes 1 and 3 together on one CD, like $19 BIN and he only wants $2 for airmail (confirm this, I don't know what the GBP means) Don't buy from Canada or overseas cause it'll usually cost more in shipping plus delays at holidays. This one is from Mississippi.

Michael

This one looks great, but unfortunately, I do not have PayPal [:(]

I'll look at the other suggestions, too, thanks guys!!

so looks like about $4 shipping from Mississippi, maybe less. I asked the seller the quesiton.

I'd be willing to use my Paypal to get this for ya Amy. The BIN will disappear if anyone bids though, so don't do that. Typically items then skyrocket way past the original BIN price.

So it'd be $19.07 + about $4 shipping. Got that for dear old Dad?

Perhaps there is some collectible bonus to having just the vol 1 alone. But if all he wants is the tunes, I'd do this route.

Let me know.

Michael

This is fun, see what we go through to get heritage Klipsch speakers Amy? And these are transactions worth hundreds of dollars for huge items that we have to ferry across the country. It's a great hobby!

Imagine sitting up late at night, ebaying at the final seconds, pushing the button, winning your dream speakers! WWWOOOHHHOOO

Now you have to authorize PayPal to give payment of hundreds of dollars through your credit card online to some individual in Timbuktu you've never met.

Then you post online and some Forum guy you've rarely chatted online agrees to pick up your beloved Klipsch speakers some 5 states away and 'hold' them for you until you can get shipping terms figured out.

Do you think you'll ever see those speakers, or have any recourse should the transaction go wrong???

That's the kind of transaction we do all the time here on the Forum. Pretty scary when you think of it. Yet members rarely get burned, outside of shipping damage.

It's a Man's Sport! LOL No wonder we get upset if candle wax get spilled on our new babies.

Michael

• Moderators

LOL, you're too funny.

I like the one that's still in the packaging on eBay for $19... That's for both Vol 1 and 3?

Do you think they look ok as a seller?

I'd have to get it by Christmas!!! I'm so demanding, I know. [:)]