Loyalty

CAS

Loyalty.

Just curious about how people view their products. I love Klipsch and have only their audio components in my home save for one piece.

But if you were to come upon a line of home theater components (or 2 channel for that matter) that were sonically better both audibly and on paper, that were also both asthetically pleasing and (most importantly) cheaper than Klipsch...would you switch?

To be more specific: if the only factor keeping you in the Klipsch line of products was loyalty...would you stay?

Switch.

We're not talking about White Sox fans that have stuck with them through thick and thin until finally rewarded with a Championship. We're talking about equipment.

If the components were measurably and audibly superior and more attractive and less expensive then the question answers itself.

At this level, I don't think that our interest/loyalty to Klipsch (or any other product) is simply an issue of performance. I compare our interest in Klipsch more to a car or art collector. Car buffs will pick cars, new or old for a variety of qualities, and not simply on top performance. For those of us that have Heritage, it is like antique car collectors: Sure, the speakers sound real good, and have qualities all their own, and we are emotionally attached to them for various reasons. I for one, got my LaScalas because those where the speakers used at our high school dances during the late 70s. The sound was not only incredible, but it brings back a many memories of last dances with the girls!

I'm always open to listening, but, frankly speaking, have never found anything better to replace Klipsch. Having owned both Heritage and now Refenence series Klipsch, I still find that to be true.

Many, including PWK himself, may not agree with the current reference designs, but I find the efficiency and use of horns still sound more correct to my ears than many other speakers. I use my Reference with SS and Tube gear - HT and 2 channel. I have been a musician for a long time and have many friends with a variety of speakers - B&W, M&K, etc. When we get together I find my system still out performs and many of them reluctanly agree.

Part of my attraction to Klipsch is PWK's belief in the laws of physics (bass waves are BIG) and part of that heritage is still there today - unlike many of the other brands.

Mark

I have a loyalty, but it is not to Klipsch. It is to the horn design.

I have a two channel system upstairs that was replaced by the reference series for our home theater because they provided a better solution, and they are available.

Had Altec made a 5.1 system that would have matched my present speakers, I would have bought them but not out of loyalty to Altec, but for technical reasons.

But, I have to say that I did not feel like I was stepping down in system quality after listening to the reference series for a while now.