What's the difference between KG 5.2 and KG 5.5

johnny_tv

Can the KG 5.2 speakers be used as the front left and right (mains, is that the correct term?) until a 5.5 set can be attained? I mean I know I could hook them up, but would the sound still be okay with the KV3 as the Center Channel and the 5.2 speakers on the side? Thanks again all.

That would work fine. IF you have 5.2s there would be no point in replacing them with 5.5s. They will both sound equally as well with the KV3. I'm not sure why you insist on basing everything on your center channel. You may want to rethink this. Start with mains that you want and then find center/rears. The KV3 should mate well with just about any KG line speaker, and there are many to choose from.

That would work fine. IF you have 5.2s there would be no point in replacing them with 5.5s. They will both sound equally as well with the KV3. I'm not sure why you insist on basing everything on your center channel. You may want to rethink this. Start with mains that you want and then find center/rears. The KV3 should mate well with just about any KG line speaker, and there are many to choose from.

A while back I found the KV3 on a return. I paid $200. It is the only nice speaker that I have ever had. I thought it would be better if I kept what I had and tried to rebuild what it should have been. It doesn't have to be the KV3, but if it isn't I don't know what to get.

It's just what I own. I could sell it and start over, but that is another thread...