klipschsters drop me a dime pls

klipschster23

i can get the RW-10 for $4bills here in sacramento. I know there are better subs but i really want to match my reference system. I like the idea of everything matching..My question is this cause ive been lazy to read reviews...Is it a decent sub? will it shake rattle and roll fairly well?...I'm a 50/50 music & movies kinda guy.......Monty

RF 35

RC 35

RS 35

Denon 1813

I wouldn't go with a sub that can't displace more volume than my

mains....so in your situation I wouldn't settle for the RW-10. At the

very least mabe an RSW-12, but I'm a sucker for 15" woofers. Good deals

pop up all the time so it's good to exercise some patience and wait for

the really good ones.

the synergy is a lower level compared to the reference

have you heard the sub-12? Just cuz it has the synergy label doesn't mean it's a poor performer. You might want to hold off towards the new year when the new reference stuff will be released (you'll prob find better closeout prices).

have you heard the sub-12? Just cuz it has the synergy label doesn't mean it's a poor performer. You might want to hold off towards the new year when the new reference stuff will be released (you'll prob find better closeout prices).

Yups, the Sub-12 performs almost like my RW-12. Except the Sub-12 would be a better buy.... Only about 3-5 dB[loudness] off measuring from a down-firing to a front-firing subwoofer. To me, in my opinion I still like front-firing subwoofers.[;)]

Well they will definetly be similar performers, but the catch is it is definetly be better than the RW-10 [:)]

I prefer front-firing subs too so I would be more inclined to go with an RW-12 over the sub-12 if money weren't an issue. And you can't deny the cosmetic advantage of the RW-12 either.

CECAA850, i concur with what you said.

klipschster23, if you give that sub an honest listen when its well setup, i think you'll be blown away. Im not sure if your aware of this, but the room and the placment of speakers/sub(s) in the room DRASTICALLY affect how they sound. The best subs in the world will sound like crap if not setup and placed properly. period. i have two higher end subs my self and both sound like garbage when not setup properly. my recommendation is to buy that sub 12 and test it at home, after all BB is good about letting you return products.

scp53