How to hookup dvd player(audio to reciever) with hdmi

TIbor

My new Dvd player Denon 1920 has a hdmi output and my tv has the hdmi also. Now what is the best way to run the audio cable to the receiver

1. Hdmi to tv and the digital audio out of the tv to the reciever?

2. hdmi to tv...and optical to reciever.

I prefer the second optiton but I dont know if I can use hdmi output and the optical out from the dvd player at the same time. Does using the hdmi port shut of the out audio ouputs?. And since I will be using the hdmi I guess that means whenever I watch a movie I will need to shut off my tv speakers! Or is there a option on the player not to send audio through the hdmi port

Thanks

Go through the menus on the tv and dvd player and make sure you have selected the right options for the hdmi info. On my player there were some selction like anolog or digtial for sound and bitstream of pcm. Double check the menu items. I had video and audio from the player on the tv right away.

Good Luck

I am trying to get video and audio and cant its 1 or the other Denon 4806 denon 3910

I think the Denon website has/had a connection tutorial where you select the different components, and type of connections and it walks you thru the connection process if you are still having audio problems. Or call Denon tech support and plan on being on hold forever and a day. Sorry I dont have a quick answer. Good luck.