Here is my current set up:

RF-7s front

RC-7 center

RS-35s surround

RC-35 rear

RSW-15 sub

sunfire cinema grand 5 channel amp

pioneer elite receiver

Is it worth spending the extra money to upgrade the surrounds on my current set-up and if so will i notice it more on music, movies, or both. I need to be able to justify an upgrade to these speakers.. (extra $600-$700 expense) I was once told by a salesman that the RS-35s are more than adequate and upgrading to the RS-7 or RB-75 would not make enough of a difference to justify the added cost...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Can't help you on your comparison question, but can you tell me how you

mounted your RS-35s? I have been trying to find someone who knows

the size of the threaded insert on these speakers so I can research

speaker brackets for them. Any info on thread size?

thanks -

I have a similar setup. It was worth it to me to upgrade to RS-7s. Everyone's point of diminishing returns is different. If there is no financail strain, then go for it.

The Reference series will be totally revamped next year. If you ever intend to get them, now is the time unless you do not mind buying used.

Bill

Here is my current set up:

RF-7s front

RC-7 center

RS-35s surround

RC-35 rear

RSW-15 sub

sunfire cinema grand 5 channel amp

pioneer elite receiver

Is it worth spending the extra money to upgrade the surrounds on my current set-up and if so will i notice it more on music, movies, or both? I need to be able to justify an upgrade to these speakers

I do not think you will get a decents night sleep until you upgrade, always wondering in the back of your mind if your system is complete. I like the RS7's in my room, even better than the RF7s, but some say the RC7 makes a good speaker for rear surrounds too.

Decisions..........decisions........decisions...........

surprisingly enough, I kept my rs3ii's and added a pair of rf-7's. Kept my rs3ii's exactly where they were, left them hooked up to the receiver power,......put a pair of rf-7's directly below them, ran them off of an old kenwood amp 200x2 via surround preamp outs, and I really liked the results. The benefits are that you get a little extra of everything, directness of the rf-7, and the tonal match, and the rs-3's high above them give it that extra wide, dispersed sound. Really adds alot to the surround sound. Plus an extra pair of Klipsch's in the house are always welcome! If you can at least try a tower along with your existing surrounds. I don't know if many are doing this, but I am.