KLF-C7 Center W/Cornwalls...... !~WOW~!

BigBusa

I just recieved the familiar knock of the fed ex driver on my door. He's struggling with this BIG box that I know can only be my new Klipsch KLF-C7 center speaker. $249 w/free shipping from UBid! HeHe Smile.gif

10 minutes later I've replaced my cheesy Merak center (2-6" woofers w/center tweeter) from ubid with the C7. and I'm re-watching parts of "Memento". Weird movie by the way.

I am having a hard time believing the C7 sounds so good! It seems to be a pretty good match for the cornwalls. It puts out A LOT of quality sound. I really mean A LOT. I imagine it would overpower some smaller main speakers. It's BIG too. It looks a bit silly setting atop my 27" Sony TV.

I am about to rearrange the whole living room and HT system to get the Cornwalls spaced further apart like a few people here mentioned. Thanks for the advice! Now if I can just win that ebay auction for the denon 2802! Smile.gif

The attached pic shows my current cornwall placement and the old Sony center speaker.

------------------

?

This message has been edited by BigBusa on 10-13-2001 at 01:04 PM

quote:

Originally posted by BigBusa:

I just recieved the familiar knock of the fed ex driver on my door. He's struggling with this BIG box that I know can only be my new Klipsch KLF-C7 center speaker. $249 w/free shipping from UBid! HeHe
Smile.gif

10 minutes later I've replaced my cheesy Merak center (2-6" woofers w/center tweeter) from ubid with the C7. and I'm re-watching parts of "Memento". Weird movie by the way.

I am having a hard time believing the C7 sounds so good! It seems to be a pretty good match for the cornwalls. It puts out A LOT of quality sound. I really mean A LOT. I imagine it would overpower some smaller main speakers. It's BIG too. It looks a bit silly setting atop my 27" Sony TV.

I am about to rearrange the whole living room and HT system to get the Cornwalls spaced further apart like a few people here mentioned. Thanks for the advice! Now if I can just win that ebay auction for the denon 2802!
Smile.gif

The attached pic shows my current cornwall placement and the old Sony center speaker.

Heheh... nice with Cornwalls and the KLF-C7 eh? Same as what I have and it rocks. Only thing is, you need more room! hehehe

My Cornwalls are separated by about 13' and my seating is about 13' back from them. This is a pretty good setup. I guess I'll have to take a picture at some point and post it up.

Yeah...puting that C7 on a regular TV like that has to look a bit odd. Fits real nice on a top of a 50" or larger RPTV.. hehehe..

------------------

Bob Lindabury

SPEAKERS

Fronts: Cornwalls (2)

Center: KLF-C7 (1)

Rears: RS-3's (2)

Sub: AudioSource SW-15

Rear Center: Umm...any suggestions?

AMP: Sony STR-DB1070 6.1

MISC:

Hafler DH-200 Amp;Yamaha C-50 Pre-Amp; Nakamichi 482 Cassette Deck; Technics SL-1410MK2 Turntable; Sony DVP-S360 DVD