Which Sub?

J Tanman

I am in the market for a new subwoofer. Currently I have the Velodyne CT 120 which is quite good, but I'm looking for something better. I've pretty much narrowed it down to two choices, the Sunfire Mark II and the SVS Ultra (SVS was suggested on this forum). No doubt, the SVS Ultra probably is the "best" sub out there, but it is quite frankly "huge" for me and my living quarters. It is about as big as my KLF 20s, whereas the sunfire is extremely small (11" cubed). Would I be disappointed in going with the Sunfire over the SVS? I realize this is a Klipsch forum, but from reading it seems many of you own and use these subs. Thanks for any suggestions.

If you go around the web to all the home theater forums, and do a search for SVS, you will get tons of information on them. And the funny thing is, none of it will be bad.....it is all good feedback. I have yet to hear anyone say one thing bad about a SVS sub, everyone loves them, and you rarely see one for sale used because the buyers just don't want to get rid of them.

I would say if you're in the market for a new sub.....go with SVS. Check out their website, it is loaded with info to help you out.

www.svsubwoofers.com

------------------

Home Theater Page

I second the vote for SVS. I have one and love it. Remember, the SVS is big vertically, not horizontally. Space wise, the SVS will take up only a little more room then the Sunfire. (Sunfire is 11" cubed according to you and the SVS is about 16" in diameter. So only 4" more in the footprint.) I think you will be dissapointed if you get the Sunfire IMHO.

------------------

---

...transmission terminated...

Anubis

wildfire@kscable.com

Disapointed by what?

Be clear

Only by the physical size,not by sub bass output and quality.Built quality and components are first rate too.

Both are very good products.

I had the SVS Ultra on test and own the whole Sunfire range(Junior,Mark II,Signature).All perform very well thank you(in HT they best the Klipsch LF and Velodyne HGS).

TheEAR(s) Now theears