The best $3.00 I've ever spent!

CECAA850

THANKS DEAN! I've just completed the resistor upgrade in my RF-7's and RC-7. Total time invested in each speaker was about an hour. Total monetary investment per speaker $1.00. The look on my face when I fired them up............. priceless! All the detail and precision that was there originally is STILL there. The fatigue experienced at louder than normal volumes for extended periods is gone. I can only imagine what the full blown mod would sound like. I just wanted to publicly Thank Dean for his help in guiding me through this process. Soldering on a set of crossovers was a little intimidating at first but was really quite simple. It helps to know that you have a resource to turn to in case you screw up. People like him are what make this forum so great. Carl

Sounds like a sweet deal. There are definitely a lot of helpful people on the forums, and they are appreciated. Any more detail on what exactly you did? I have a set of RF35's is this something that would be beneficial to them as well? I bet the soddering part was intimidating, I don't know that I would want to do that...

Dean could tell you if the 35's would benefit from the mod, I don't know. Basically what he had me do was buy one 10 Ohm resistor for each speaker. You then take the crosover out (behind the speaker lugs) and find the proper 2 Ohm resistor on the lower board. You then solder the resistors together in parallel and put it back together. That's it. There is a NOTICEABLE difference (improvement) in the "listenability" of the speaker at louder levels. I had a lot of "new to this kind of thing" type questions that Dean answered very clearly and patiently. He could well have addressed my questions over my head but he answered everything in a manner that was easy for me to understand. The easiest way to contact him is deang@crossoverupgrades.com