Need some help choosing bookshelf speaker stands for RB75 and RC-7 center

mm07

All,

I am about to purchase speaker stands for my new RB75 bookshelf speakers.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I am concerned because I know these are BIG for a bookshelf speaker.

I am looking at:

The Sanus Natural Foundation 24B (www.racksandstands.com)

or

The Omnimount 24in Cosmic24 (from circuit city)

Can I use either of these? Is there anythng better?

Also, how do I fasten the speaker to the stand? Velcro?

And finally, any ideas on a center channel stand for the RC-7? I was

just going to pick one I liked from the racksandstands website...

Thanks in advance,

-Mike

If you are willing to spend $ 95 I would recommend that you get the Sanus NF-30 at Best buy. (www.bestbuy.com) I got a first hand look at these babbies and let me tell you THEY ARE AWSOME!

These are great because you don't have to fasten your speakers to it, because of the four little pegs on all four corners of the stand. They are extremely strong and well built. These are well worth your money. If you don't get these you are going to have to use velcrow or something to keep the speaker on the stand. (I don't recommend that you do this)

Post me back what you chose.

Hope this helps!!!

Heres a picture of them.

5923888 Angle

• 2 weeks later...

Mike,

I'm also looking for speaker stands for my RB75s... I looked at the Sanus Natural speaker stands, and I'd like to point out that according to the Sanus website the NS24b's top plate max capacity is 25 lbs (https://www.sanus.com/cgi-bin/web_store.cgi?page=products/foundations/natural/NF24b.html&cart_id=1585088_8386)... The RB75 published weight is 35 lbs... Now I weighed one of my RB75s and it came in at a paultry 28.9 lbs but still... I'm not sure that I'd be willing to risk a pair of $1300 speakers on the potential of a pillar tipping...

My suggestion would lead you to look at the Bello SP224 speaker stands... They have a published top pillar strength of 100 lbs! and have a 7" x 7" top plate... They're pricey, though... a pair will run you anywhere from $125 (at http://www.audio-video-furniture.com/BELLO-SP-224-Speaker-Stands.htm) to $230 elsewhere...

These, however are not my first choice... I may have to abandon my RC7 dreams for the following speaker stands... The Sanus 26" Ultimate Foundation looks perfect (https://www.sanus.com/cgi-bin/web_store.cgi?page=products/foundations/ultimate/UF26.html&cart_id=1585088_8386). It has a published top plate max capacity of 35 lbs, and has some of the most innovative designs that I've seen in a speaker stand, including - but not limited to - the ability to fill the pillars with either sand or shot to add further weight (read stability). The major down-side to these speaker stands is the price... The best price that I've found is $269 (http://www.standsandmounts.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2007), but they list for $309 at Sanus.com. In all honesty these are probably the stands that I'm going to get, but I also have a 21 lb cat who like to jump on things... I need all of the stability I can get!

Hope this helps,

Charles

Well, I saw a pair of B-3's being used on the NS24b's with no problem and I think that the b-3's and the RB-75's both weight the same or near the same weight. But, just for safety I would go with the Bello SP224 speaker stands just in case, plus they look better too. I wouldn't pay over $ 150 on a pair of speaker stands in my life. Plus, would just sit my center speaker ontop of my TV anyway's. Thats just what I would do.

• 7 months later...

it seems like most people who have rb-75s are using at least 24 inch stands with their setup.

have you guys found that this puts the speaker at ear level to you? i'm not at home to do measurements but for an average couch height it seems that 18-20 inches would be more appropriate.

just looking for your thoughts. i'm thinking about buying some stands.

thanks.

I choose to make my own 'High-Mass' stands, each of which weighs in at only about 40 lbs, but with a pretty low center of gravity (25 lbs of cast iron hidden in each base) to add as much tip resistance as I cheaply could for my RB-35s.

I'm not at home and can't remember the height but I'm thinking they are about 28" high...

I didn't want the tweeters at ear level when seated, I wanted them a bit higher to compromise for listening while standing

Apollo A3 speaker stands look great. They come with adjustable spikes and are $148.00 shipped from home decor. The sand-blasted finish for the black color is VERY nice looking. Apollo also has A2 stands (2 pillars) and A4 stands (with four pillars). All of the pillars are sand fillable. I highly recommend tham as I have four RB-75's supported by them!

http://www.dynamichomedecor.com/go/dhd/prod/code/Apollo-A3.html

Here is a pic of two of my RB-75's with the stands:

One other thing: Blu Tak or Plasti-Tac is the best way to fasten speakers to stands. It is a puddy-like substance that will not mar speakers' finishes. It is STRONG too. I have two sand-filled stands attached to my RB-75's and you can literally pick the -75's up by their tweeter area and the stands will not come undone. It is quite the miracle material. My other pair of RB-75s are attached by Blu-Tak too. I highly recommend it.

what height speakers stands did you buy for your RB-75s?

thanks,

jacob

"Apollo A3 speaker stands look great. They come with adjustable

spikes and are $148.00 shipped from home decor. The sand-blasted finish

for the black color is VERY nice looking. Apollo also has A2 stands (2

pillars) and A4 stands (with four pillars). All of the pillars are

sand fillable. I highly recommend tham as I have four RB-75's supported

by them!"

http://www.dynamichomedecor.com/go/dhd/prod/code/Apollo-A3.html