Fun at Born2RockU's - The Headroom/Liquefying Experiment!

Jeff Matthews

EVERYONE:

The fuses that blew were KHorns upper Tweeter/Squawker fuses

... Channel LEFT was a 2 amp fuse.

....Channel RIGHT was a 2.5 amp fuse.

(don't ask me how the 2 amp got into the fuse casing, but that was the first time I have blown any fuses in my KHorns. )

Like I said earlier, I left the room when Jeff pushed the system. My ear can't handle those SPL's.

Jeff likes the volume !

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, yeah, yeah. [:)]

All I will say on the point is it's a good thing those fuses are in there.

Craig, you had a 1.5 amp in the left tweet. Then, 2 and 2.5, respectively, for the woofers.

I never did check to see what I had. Since they say a tube's clipping is rather benign-sounding, it could be we clipped a little and blew the fuses. That would be my guess.

Since you never blew fuses before, I wouldn't worry about it. We just pushed it a little hard and wasted a few fuses - doesn't sound like a big deal, since it will doubtfully be repeated. We only ran 2-channel in your 7-channel system. With your running 2 Khorns, a LaScala and 4 Heresies, you have alot more speakers to generate sound without pushing it in 2-channel mode like we did.

"doesn't sound like a big deal,"

Craig, sounds like you've got a great tort claim here to recoup the cost of those fuses and maybe seven figures in just 'cuz. Know any lawyers?[;)]

Rick

Like Jeff said....he my man !

But, I also think the check's already in the mail ...[;)]

"doesn't sound like a big deal,"

Craig, sounds like you've got a great tort claim here to recoup the cost of those fuses and maybe seven figures in just 'cuz. Know any lawyers?[;)]

Rick

Like Jeff said....he my man !

But, I also think the check's already in the mail ...[;)]

We agreed on 6 figures, instead of 7. We just haven't come to an agreement on where the decimal point should be. [;)]