Amy, Did Something Happen?

Jeff Matthews

I received your message just now pulling the tax debate thread and requesting that politics not be made a part of this forum.

I have no real problem with steering clear of the topic if you want it that way, but I am wondering what prompted it.

Did something happen in the last few minutes that I didn't see because it seemed the thread went on for a few days or so, with little more than a few folks commenting that these discussions always seem to result in blow-outs between people. Other than that, I saw no blow-outs whatsoever and thought everyone was quite courteous and tolerant, if not respectful, of each other's views. Plus, the thread had pretty much become dormant.

Was the action in just now pulling the thread a sort-of "going back into the annals of time and cleaning house for no reason?" Or did something just now happen, and we missed it?

It just seemed a little late to pull a quasi-dormant political debate that never got out of hand anyway. I've seen much worse on threads that had nothing at all to do with politics - unless you count speaker topics as politics. [;)]

Good question, Jeff. I thought that the discussion was as civil as one would imagine also. The only thing I can think of is that the last few posts I read used an abbreviated form of a term for a nationality that in this hypersensitive PC world might have caused either a reaction from someone, or the perceived threat of a reaction from the administrators of this board. I hope that I am wrong (it certainly would not be the first time) but as you said, either we missed something or the French have a term for it: "I don't know what."

Well, that's fine if it did get out of hand. I'm not too inclined for watching people get nasty at each other. It's just I was wondering if I did something wrong. When I got the message the post was removed, it made me wonder. I might be pig-headed, but I think I am fairly civil about it.

Good question, Jeff. I thought that the

discussion was as civil as one would imagine also. The only thing

I can think of is that the last few posts I read used an abbreviated

form of a term for a nationality that in this hypersensitive PC world

might have caused either a reaction from someone, or the perceived

threat of a reaction from the administrators of this board. I

hope that I am wrong (it certainly would not be the first time) but as

you said, either we missed something or the French have a term for

it: "I don't know what."

je ne sais quoi

I not know what literal term

• Moderators

The only reason it wasn't pulled earlier is because I've been busy and missed it.

Civil as the conversations may be (or start), I do not want politics on this forum. It only causes problems.

Thanks