UPS damaged speakers.

erikm121

Ok I need to vent. I got new speakers a while back and put my Quartets on e bay. I have had them boxed up for about 5 years now. No where to put them when we moved. At least no where the wife liked. Anyway, shipped them to a guy in Minn. Original boxes. He got one on time and the other never showed up. A few weeks later he finally got a response and had to wait 15 days for an investigation. They found it a ways off and sent it to him . It came in a plain box and he said there was not a side on it that wasn't damaged.. Un-useable. Someone came to look at them and tried to say the boxes were old, he pointed out that the other one arrived in perfect shape. Then he said she said something that it looked like it was damaged before it was shipped. He then said he had pics to prove it wasn't. Then...she said they were insured for 1k, that meant $500 a speaker, like they might pay for the one. Like who needs one speaker!!!! I can't believe this...and I feel so bad for the guy who bought them and is really going through the ringer.....

UPS will most always say the package wasn't properly padded, etc. as their first line of defence. You have to push it and insist the box was designed for shipping, etc. I always handle any claims for things I sell for the buyer. I think it has more import. Never lost one yet. I'd fight that one for sure.

I always handle any claims for things I sell for

the buyer. I think it has more import. Never lost one

yet. I'd fight that one for sure.

Good advise if you can manage it.... They can't play with the

"unknown original condition" given you know exactly what and how

you shipped them.

ROb

Welcome to the UPS nightmares, I feel ya... and feel for the other guy. I recently had to pay an extra $100 when I got my KG2s shipped to me that I wasn't made aware of all the times I had called UPS previous to the shipment. My roomate got a piece of furniture , rather small in size, shipped via UPS .... arrived in tiny little pieces. The packaging looked like it went through a shredder, UPS eventually paid the value of the item but it was part of this collection .. can't ever replace that value.