not ANOTHER RF 7 review?

wstrickland1

The last thing this forum needs is one, so I won't bore anyone. But I am happy to say that I picked up a NIB pair local from an AD for $1500 out the door. I brought them home and promptly replaced the RB 35s with them and away we went. The VSX 1015 drives them quite well. I know my Reference 200.7/Ref 50 rig would do much much more justice but it aint gonna happen. So call me sick, but now we have a system consisting of RF/RC/RS 7s, a BS old Klipsch KSW 150 sub, Sony 400 disc DVD player, Toshiba 50" HDTV, Hughes HD DTV TIVO and a Pioneer VSX 1015 receiver that basically will be tuned to a few soap operas and children shows. It will keep me downstairs a bit more, I will be using it more now at night rather than trudging upstairs. Anyway, the RF 7s are a totally awesome speaker. Everything I have heard about them is true. The Pioneer has the ability to use the 6th and 7th channel to bi amp the mains. I am going to do this at some point. I guess it will make a difference. I put Star Wars AOTC in the first night and the poor little KSW 150 sounded like a machine gun. I guess I'm gonna need a sub[:D] But the speakers absolutely rocked. Then some 2 channel CD music; David Sanborn, AC DC and Frank Sinatra. All handled very well. The AC DC was a little edgey but we are talking about late 70s rock. All in all, I can tell I'm really gonna love these things.

Congrats Billy , I'm sure " The Young and the Restless " never sounded so good . By the way what color did you get ? [:D]

Would've loved cherry, but he had but one last pair of black. Hey, the wife and I are going to Vegas(Carrier Convention), you got any money you want me to bet for you?

Ha Ha , This time of year I can barely afford to pay attention . Good Luck in Vegas . So Billy , why don't you lug those things upstairs and give us a comparison test with you're KLF 30's ?

1. I ain't luggin 'em upstairs

2. Rock, if they're reasonable, get them you won't be sorry

But once football season is over, who knows. I have been considering swapping speakers now. Because I have a full 7.1 Ref system since I'm not selling the RB 35s. It would be RF/RC/RS 7s and RB 35s in the rear, the Martin Logan sub amd B & K electronics. That just might happen during the Winter doldrums.