RF3 II and RC3 II purchase question

SemperFi91

I have the chance to purchase (2) RF3 II floor speakers and (1) RC3 II center channel speaker for $750 (plus shipping) and was wondering if this is a good deal? I have never heard these before and am pretty new to the "Klipsch world". The couple of reviews I have read about these was they were lacking bass. I could easily hook up a sub if needed, but I was more interested in the quality / sound of these as I've never auditioned them.

I will be more interested in movies and home theater rather than listening to music.

Thanks in advance.

I have the RF-3's and the RC-3 and like the way they sound.

IMO, those front 3 speakers (if kept to factory specs) would be:

1) 3/4 the quality of the RF-5's with the RC-3 (Maybe slightly more).

2) If you throw in the rC-7 to replace the RC-3 with the RF-5's then you are getting 2/3rds (if not less--The RC-7 is awesome) the quality of the upgraded package.

3) I feel subjectively, the RF-7's/RC-7 is twice the performance of the RF-3/RC-3.

4)The RB-75 bookshelf speaker with the RC-7 would be somewhere in-between.

How's that for pure speculation. [;)] I am fortunate enough to own all those speakers and the above is only MY OPINION. If I were you, being new to Klipsch speakers--I wouldn't buy any speakers until I heard them myself. Good Luck in building your HT. [:)]

tkd, I do appreciate the reply and will take your advice on this one and try to listen to these first as I am a newbie and all. The only ones I've listened to so far are the RF25 and 35. Both sounded way better than what I currently own and for the price, I will probably end up with the RF35's for the front and the RS35 for surround. You mentioned that the RC-7 is "awesome". If purchased with the RF-35's, would the RC-7 be overwhelming or should I stick with the RC-35 for better sound?

Thanks again.

Here's an ad from the "Home Theater" section of the forum. The seller is "Ancientdude" and he's not too far from you.

Reference 3 system - Mains, center, Surrounds

"I have these three for sale,

prefer local pickup and will drive within 100...150 miles. Makes that close to Seattle.

800 for the package,

awesome buy for the money!

or 900 canadian

Sebastian"

Good luck, Rick.

Hey Rick,

Thanks a lot for the info. I sent an email to Ancientdude in hopes that I can listen to this set. Sounds like a pretty good if all are in nice condition.

These might be the original 3 series, but if I'm not mistaken, the only difference between the original and the series II is the use of Monster Cable for internal wiring.

I hope this works out for you. Getting to see and hear the speakers is a big plus, and this would eliminate the expense and possible damage from shipping. The seller also has an SVS PC Ultra subwoofer that you could listen to while you're there. Take some extra cash if you can, 'cause that's an incredible subwoofer and it's going to make a HUGE difference.

Rick.

I bought a pair of mint RF-3II speakers about a year ago for $300. I think i got a very good deal, but I have routinely seen them sell in the past year for $400/pair on ebay and other forums. So I really don't think you're getting an "awesome" deal. And the center channel RC-3II goes for about the same price. If you want to save some money just shop around a little.