References and center not as loud as they used to be???

BlackVW1.8t

I have a set of rc-3 II's for fronts and a ksc-c1 for the center and a ksw-12 for the subwoofer. I have some bi directionnals kenwoods because they were cheap and they were white. My receiver is a yamaha rx-v1000. Its got enought juice to power them. The mains dont sould loud anymore. On movies and dish network I use a sound field. But I always used to turn the effect off which should be 2 channel. This has always been louder than the sound fields. I have not changed anything. Any ideas? I mainly listen to 6 channel because it makes all the speakers the same loudness.

Do you have a SPL meter to confirm?

Does receiver have A B switch for speaker selector..sometimes one might get pressed in when it should not be...

\

the closest spl meter is my ears. I dont have one but my speakers used to be so loud at -50 and now it takes it to -25-30 on music. I have the receiever is set to large speaker, small center, lef going to the subwoofer, and rear surrounds to small.

Do they make external amps that would power the fronts?

Do your mains not sound as loud on your own source material or the cable tv's? Your cable provider might have done something bad (like they usually do) to cause a change. If it is from your own source material then, well, I would suspect the receiver.

i use dish network and it has a digital out but my yamaha receiver does not have a optical for the cbl/sat. its a orange digital coax out put. I have other inputs, I guess I could move it to another one? I am using regular yellow/red/white av cables. My dvd is hooked up via digital and my ps2 is like that also? I wonder if thats a difference.? I may be on to something....

does your av reciever have an input level set up?

if so you may have inadvertently turned it down.

i found this out because i had different volume levels

on different sources and found the input levels set to different gains

also check to see that the output levels on your source

didnt get turned down.

and the last thing would be to make shure the mute(-20db) button didnt get pushed.

hope this helps, let know what you find out

jay

does your av reciever have an input level set up?

dont know about this one

if so you may have inadvertently turned it down. i found this out because i had different volume levels on different sources and found the input levels set to different gains

also check to see that the output levels on your source didnt get turned down.

how do you do that?

and the last thing would be to make shure the mute(-20db) button didnt get pushed. hope this helps, let know what you find out jay

yea I know its not that. I did it before and you could hardly hear the speakers.