Time for a DIY sub project.

billyjoe72

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was contemplating a silver/wood or piano trim myself. Look at the Velodyne 1812 subwoofer for a more exact detail. But Silver body more of a silver like the iFi and wood trim on the top,3/4 edge and the small sides that you have adjacent to the front panel that you made. Silver and dark cherry or walnut trim anyone? what about silver and piano gloss black?

lol, the driver looks so dinky small compared to the size of the enclosure...I can't wait to hear how it turns out!

Btw, you could always cut a smaller hole and use a little PVC to port your current cabinet to get an idea of what it'll sound like before the PR's show up....

I'm not sure what the rest of the decor in your room is like, but what if you added some round moulding around the outside of the top section and then finished it with a rich dark red? You could do a similar trim to the bottom of the cabinet and perhaps do similar moulding along the vertical corners too...

One more for now. I still need to brace most of it. I think I might do something different with the top. Piano black for the rest. Any ideas? The top is removable right now.

Is this the port hole? [;)] The driver may look small comapred to the cabinet size but it will dwell deep deep and perform well.