I picked up some RSX-5's but they interfere unless a half foot away from monitor...

cide

I heard these speakers are supposidly magnetically shielded, Well, I upgraded my sats from PM 5.1 Ultras sats to RSX-5's, and when placed rite near my screen, they cause color distortion, etc. The old sats do not do this. They are fine if they are like 6 inches away.

I got these sats brand new off Ebay, apparantly they are not bstock or clones... is this magnetic shielding only partial... can any RSX owners testify?

I suppose if the magnet is big enough it would bleed threw the speakers anyway arent I right?

Or did I just get ripped off..

understand that 'magnetically shielded' does not mean there's like a copper or lead lining inside the speaker. Usually there's a magnet of equal size to the driver's magnet, glued back to back with it, to nullify the magnet field.

I suppose maybe the magnet could have come loose (does it rattle?) or maybe there's someone making bogus speakers. Does it have a klipsch sticker on the back with serial number?

Maybe there's something wrong or we can confirm that it's a genuine Klipsch product and go from there.

Michael

No there is no shaking sound from inside, and it occurs on both speakers not just one.

Also, there is no klipsch sticker with a serial number.

I got these off ebay so they would have to have removed the serial number in order to sell the speakers.. Unless they are bogus speakers... oh nos

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5826767278&sspagename=ADME%3AL%3ARTQ%3ACA%3A1&rd=1

Well,

Here is the auction link

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5826767278&sspagename=ADME%3AL%3ARTQ%3ACA%3A1&rd=1

I'll ask klipsch, what specific email address or contact method should I be using?

And yes, I too tend to wonder how they got a pair of brand new speakers seemingly untouched and factory sealed in and out to remove labels.

EAR has an idea, what if you move them forward or backward of the CRT, does the interference diminish?

I seriously doubt if someone would go to the trouble to bootleg these cabinets, they're pretty bizarre moulding. Maybe call Klipsc tech support to see what their experience is with these.

Michael

EAR has an idea, what if you move them forward or backward of the CRT, does the interference diminish?

I seriously doubt if someone would go to the trouble to bootleg these cabinets, they're pretty bizarre moulding. Maybe call Klipsc tech support to see what their experience is with these.

Michael

Magnetic fields have a pattern,and even turning slighty or advancing the speakers will solve the magnetic field interference with teh CRT.

I ahve so many subs with huge magnets and none distorts my CRT's,why? Simply turning the sub lets me place a sub as close as two feet from a monitor where it would take 6 feet in most cases.

Just because a speaker is "magnetically shielded" does not mean it is completely free of magnetic interference! The same way that something is "fire resistant" it does not mean it will not burn.

Magnetic shielding minimizes the stray fields but does not remove them you have got to use some common sense here folks. Having the speakers so close to each side of the television also creates too narrow a soundstage anyway. Space them out for best performance.

The reason that the labels & S/N's are removed is so that they cannot be traced back to the originating dealer that trans-shipped illegally them in the first place. They are legit Klipsch speakers though.

I just remembered something about when apple makes the iPod, sometimes

the workers or someone in the know would actually pocket the iPods

before they make it into the box hence a box that is obviously lighter

and emptier inside. That may be the case with the RSX-5 where someone

happened to know how to get it out of the factory before they put the

serial number on.