Klipsch Sub-Woofer on ebay

dwillie

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7390380804&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Except for the very obvious, I don't know to much about this type of speaker. I know it can be used with small "satellite" speakers to get more bottom end. I know they can possibly consume a lot of power. Do they have a crossover in the cabinet? Could the addition of one of these turn a LaScala into a 4-way system using that crossover? I'm curious to know more. dwillie.

As you likely know, this is just a Klipsch K-48 woofer (same woofer as used in the Chorus speaker) that Klipsch mounted in a ported box which takes a power amplifier.

While a Subwoofer like my RSW-15 operates in the 19-120Hz frequency range, the KP-115 speaker is advertised to operate in the 50Hz to 400Hz frequency range and actually falls off drastically under 88Hz, largely due to the fact that it has no passive radiator speaker.

Klipsch produced eight KP-115 models that I know of:

KP-115SW-A

KP-115SW-BG

KP-115SW-BGBR
KP-115SW-AG (with crossover network)
KP-115SW-AG (w/o crossover network)
KP-115SW-AGX
KP-115SW-B

KP-115SW-BBR