On OAHU? Want to split a pair of fortes to use as a center? Have a pair to sell? Let me know!

bdbaba

Aloha All,

Just joined the Kilpsch family with a purchase of a pair of Fortes! Woo Hoo! I would like to get another to use as a center.

Anyone want to go in on a pair, especially if you live on Island? Anyone have a pair on island that they want to sell?

If I cannot get a Forte, would it be better to look for a Heresy or an Acadamy? If a heresy, what model would match the best?

Since I have the original Forte, I assume a Forte 2 would not work either?

Thanks for all the help!

Thanks Oldtimer,

Yup! Does not seem like there are too many Klipsch people on island. I did have one guy email me about a pair of Lascalas. Might be hard to get the Little Woman to go from a 55 pound speaker to on that is over 110 pounds!

Maybe some one here wants to split a pair of Fortes?

I wish I could help you out. All my stuff is in Texas, my Forte II's would take up half the room (the one room) in Honolulu. Personally, I would be leary of shipping anything more than a heresy in. An Academy double boxed would not be much of a risk, keep an eye out. Others have pointed out that the Academy is a better bet. Was there ever a Klipsch dealer on Oahu?, especially one back in the late 80's into the 90's?

Keep the Forte's and the little woman happy.

Always important to sanity to keep the better half happy!

As for the Academy, one just sold on ebay for $676. I just could not get myself to pay that with another $90 shipping on top. It is hard to wrap my mind around paying that much when in comparison a pair of fortes would much less, and a better match to boot.

Are you on island visiting, or do you live here permanently?

Sounds like you have the best of both worlds.

The Fortes are definitely a different sound then the Mirages i am used to using. Much more open and clear, more slam, albeit with a little bit less center imaging.

My wife really likes them, which is a plus! She also liked the Gallo Ref 3s we had before we moved here as well. However, I could by 8 pairs of these Fortes for the price I paid for them, compared to the price I payed for the Gallos! Isn't this hobby fun?

If I was to replace the mirage sides and rears that I have now with some Klipsch, what would you recommend?

Play around with placement especially toe-in and you will find the imaging is quite good. For surrounds the best matches are more Forte's, but Academies and maybe Quartets should also work. Heresy II's might be another option, Others here have more experience with this than I do.

Aloha!

We have Forte 1s as mains with a single Heresy 1 as a center and Heresy 2s as surrounds and Quintets as rears. The Quintets are temp but the rest of the system sounds AWESOME! The Heresy 1 has a slight timber mis-match with the Fortes (DUH! look at the size difference!) but we can not hear any difference when viewing movies or concert DVDs. This system is not used for straight music.

How do you have the Heresys 2 set up for sides?

Shelves on the wall? Are they at ear level or above?

I do not have much room on the sides. Right now I

have Mirage OMR2s on the sides--placed about 6" below

the ceiling and angled down a bit. In back I have

Mirage Omni FX--again placed about 6" down from the

ceiling.. Because of the shape of room and an open

kitchen area, I do not think I could fit anything

larger.

I was hoping to use something similar sized in the Klipsch

line that would tide me over until we moved to another place

that has more room.

I re-loaded the pictures to the gallery and here is a

Link

Select Cal Blacksmith from the list and you will see our setup. The Heresy center is laying on its side on a stand that places it so that the center of the speaker just clears the back of the couch. The Heresy2 rears are on stands in the back of the room.

The Fortes are black with black grills

The Heresy center is oiled walnut with no grill

The Heresy rears are oiled walnut with cane grills.