Forum and Posting-Computers for Dummies (me)

SilverSport

Alright...ever since we switched to the "new" forum my PC, upon trying to post jumps all over the place and makes a thunking sound (computer generated)...I have tried changing font sizing to no avail...no matter what I change in the top when posting, I "default" back to:

3 Arial Black Insert smiley

and below on set up (left hand margin) is highlighted

even when I try to change these they default back to that and many times after a long post (I am SURE that you are all relieved to hear) that my post disappears and does not post...frustrating to say the least.

Any help for this "dummy" would be GREATLY appreciated...now stop laughting and help me out please???

Bill

I don't understand, I am able to type posts using colors, smilies[H], and different fonts. Are you talking about the size of your DISPLAY font?

EDIT , here's a hint, go to CONTROL PANEL and click YES to DISPLAY EMOTICONS, then go to bottom and SAVE CHANGES. That might help.

Michael,

Thanks...I can use emoticons...what is happening is when I try to post, the screen jumps all over the place and things highlight and whatnot on its own (only while I am typing)...this causes the screen to jump and sometimes my text just disappears (as if I erased it)...

Bill

I just noticed that at the bottom of my screen while typing it displayed:

Searching for links that begin with (whatever letter I am typing at the time) then press F3 to jump to the next match and Pressforward slash to search all text...

This must be something on my computer???

Bill

Hey Silver, what browser are you using. I am currently using the broweser that came with my SBC DSL. I have that exact same problem. When I use IE or Firefox, the problem dissappears. Seems to be something related to a specific browser. I have tried to find a button to turn off this "search" feature but to no avail. Again, try a different web browser.

lol

just for the record...colter's computer was the first computer i installed firefox on. So I'm brand new to the browser but I really love it. There's only a rare few instances where I have to use IE for certain websites to work....I can't believe a bill paying service is using non-standard code for their website!

I can't wait for the new update to the forums to pop up...it should really solve all these wierd issues.

lol

just for the record...colter's computer was the first computer i installed firefox on. So I'm brand new to the browser but I really love it. There's only a rare few instances where I have to use IE for certain websites to work....I can't believe a bill paying service is using non-standard code for their website!

I can't wait for the new update to the forums to pop up...it should really solve all these wierd issues.

drwho only now just a firefox person! omg get with the times drwho... Well I also do use winamp still....... But its better than iturns (yes I purposely spelled it wrong)