Proud new Papa...

Chris Elm

LOL these things are what listening is all about. Just pure bliss! Wish I had left one RF3II connected when I switched them for an easier comparison, but IMO there is no comparison (for 2-channel). The RFs did sound pretty good with a sub, but I never listened in stereo mode. Now, that's all I listen to. Steely Dan and Richard Elliot sound simply amazing as do most things, especially with the deep bass of the Elliot stuff. Elvis Costello not so much, but thats no fault of the speaks! I will have more pics tomorrow of my other new toys...

Also, anybody know where I can get some grill cloth with a nice course twill that matches the vintage Cane grills?? Maybe this with a few of the pie slice logos ordered from Klipsch?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ad in the paper said $995 I believe, but that was with an old HK reciever and a 5 disc changer. This guy offered to let me come over for a listen the very first time I talked to him. He let me stay as long as I like, and told me to bring some of my CDs. We met at Burger King and then I followed him back to his house. Name was Ken. Real upfront guy from the beginning. It was a pleasant transaction from the beginning for the most part (a little reluctant/frustrated when asked about condition, serial numbers, etc.).

Same guy 615-868-xxxx. He had these for sale for a long time (first by themselves at $900.00 and then added the other gear and priced at $995). I contacted him and was met with the same result - he spent great deal time trying to convince me that manufacture year, matched pair, riser bases, condition, & etc, were not important when it came to Cornwall, refused to even give me the alpha character from the serial number when I talked to him again a week ago. It was all I could do to get Ken to tell me that the type was CWO. He kept repeating Cornwall are all the same "either you like the way Cornwalls sound or you don't, doesn't matter what year they are or drivers they have" I made a note back about the first time I talked to him of a pair of Type CWO serial numbers 34Yxxx and 34Yxxx $900.00 and never followed up because the 1983 was such a weird year for Cornwall drivers (K-52K midrange and B-3 crossover network), even if it wasn't for his high price.

The ad in the paper said $995 I believe, but that was with an old HK reciever and a 5 disc changer. This guy offered to let me come over for a listen the very first time I talked to him. He let me stay as long as I like, and told me to bring some of my CDs. We met at Burger King and then I followed him back to his house. Name was Ken. Real upfront guy from the beginning. It was a pleasant transaction from the beginning for the most part (a little reluctant/frustrated when asked about condition, serial numbers, etc.).

Same guy 615-868-xxxx. He had these for sale for a long time (first by themselves at $900.00 and then added the other gear and priced at $995). I contacted him and was met with the same result - he spent great deal time trying to convince me that manufacture year, matched pair, riser bases, condition, & etc, were not important when it came to Cornwall, refused to even give me the alpha character from the serial number when I talked to him again a week ago. It was all I could do to get Ken to tell me that the type was CWO. He kept repeating Cornwall are all the same "either you like the way Cornwalls sound or you don't, doesn't matter what year they are or drivers they have" I made a note back about the first time I talked to him of a pair of Type CWO serial numbers 34Yxxx and 34Yxxx $900.00 and never followed up because the 1983 was such a weird year for Cornwall drivers (K-52K midrange and B-3 crossover network), even if it wasn't for his high price.

Yep definately the same guy. He kept giving the same spiel, but after talking to you guys first I guess he realized that if he didn't give us that kind of info, then nobody would buy them. He did come down on the price somewhat also.