JBL 2404 -vs- EV ST350, what are differences?

Coytee

The 350 goes higher, plays louder than a T35.

It is a fine tweeter, I used to have them way back when. There is no comparison between the 350 and the T35.

However, the JBL2404 is even better than the 350 - but I would be happy with either actually, so it becomes an economic decision IMO.

DM

• Like 1

The T-350 is an old alnico driver that looks like an overgrown alnico T-35. Larger round body, large alnico magnet, and a horn that is larger but same general shape as the T-35. Sensitivity is about 109 db and goes up to 23 Khz. They sell for big money on Ebay.

The ST-350 is newer with a large ceramic magnet and baby cheeks horn. The ST-350B is also a ceramic magnet with exposed magnets like the K-77M. Also a baby cheeks horn. Both are about equivalent to a T-35.

Bob

However, the JBL2404 is even better than the 350 - but I would be happy with either actually, so it becomes an economic decision IMO.

DM

Now that we know the difference between the T-350 and the ST-350(A/B), and the commentary that the ST-350 is akin to the T-35, I presume the conclusion is, the JBL 2404 would be clearly better than the ST-350?

I wasn't going anywhere with this other than curiosity.

Ok, well, I HAVE ordered some JBL's and already have the ST-350's in my EV's so it did dawn on me that if the ST-350 smoked the JBL or was on par with it, I might not have wanted to get the JBL for my Trachorn upgrade. Given what I've read, I guess I'll keep the course I'm on.

[:)]

Yes, it is my opinion that the JBL 2404H is the better tweeter - no contest.

Possibly not worth the cost, though. JBL is overpriced IMO but the sound quality you will get is undeniable. The T-350 is a fine alternative, if you can get them cheap enough to make it the better deal. The ones I had cost $80 each in the late 70's (new).

DM