Way to go Klipsch,the RC7 is a winner !

TheEAR

After unpacking the big center I had avery good surprise,Klipsch has two places to insert rear feet.

These can angle the center down or provide good foothold on smaller TV's.

I just set up the RC-7 on a 27" Toshiba! cwm24.gif

This is a heavy center,the TV cabinet holds good so far.Yeah yeah I am cheap and I use a paltry 27" Toshiba Cinema Series in my second HT system.

The RC-7 tweeter looks like a metal grill!?At first I was thinking Klipsch forgot to install the dome!But no the tweeter works.The RC-7 has two ports like(size) the RB-3 on the back.And the same termminals as the RF-5(RF-7???still waiting cwm14.gif )

The finish of the new RF series and RC-7 center is great.I am glad Klipsch now has some quality finishes on their speakers.

When I conected the center to my bridged Celeste 4070(280W RMS into 8 Ohms),the sound came more natural then the rest of the RF series!The RC-7 tweeter(same as in the RF-7)is a big step forward over the lesser(still good) Klipsch tweeters.

Sounds more like real voice then a Hi-Fi speaker!

The RC-7 even at very high volume is very natural,never agressive.No trace of compression,the speaker is a whole,not a tweeter with mid-bass working.

Very impressed with the RC-7 so far.And the speaker is not even broken in!After 150-200 hours it should sing.

When I compare the RC-7 to all the other compact(more or less)centers from Klipsch I can say with no hesitation its the best sounding Klipsch center yet!

With proper amplification(remember I use a $1600 amp just for the center)and if positioned with care,the RC-7 is an awesome bargain.Here in Canada it goes for $1200 plus tax and still I consider it a great buy.

Way to go Klipsch,the RC-7 is winner.Now all I need is the RF-7's(same tweeter)to complete my Klipsch R series HT. Smile.gif

TheEAR(s) Now theears

The RC and RF-7 tweeter is a pro-style compression driver with the inverted 1.75" titanium dome at the opposite side of the driver from the horn. Thus, when looking into the horn, you do not see the dome. You see a protective screen. If you could see past that, you would find the phase plug which is a more complex design than that on the other Reference models. Moving that dome is a 22 oz. magnet. The RF-7 tweeter costs much, much more than that in the other Reference models. Thanks for the nice comments about the sound. The RF and RC-7 are able to deliver great detail, very wide dynamics and can 'sort out' very complex music without ever sounding strained or confused.

Thanks BobG for the info on the tweeter.These new tweeters are probably the very best sounding Klipsch tweeters ever!Power with no agressive edge!Very very impressive.

The dealer told me today the RF-7's are about a month away! Frown.gif One month away Dammit

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Hey Ears, I was in the middle of posting this a few days ago but got cut off and became busy elsewhere.

Where was I ? I Reaaaaaaaaaaaaly hate to tell you this Ears but I was listening to my new RF-7's,RS-7's and RC-7 with a whole bunch of other goodies hooked up.

I've left the house twice just to get some food. I'm busy going through my entire audio and video collection. Its like hearing some of this stuff for the firt time. Awesome! Sorry for the tease Ears because you said you don't hve your's yet. Beleive me it's worth the wait. All I've got to say is "Wait till you get a load of THESE dudes" Yesssssssss BBB

• 1 year later...