Yo Corvette! I see you scored Klipschorns

meagain

Corvette, I see by your signature line, Khorns have been added to the massive PILE. Usually it seems members here who score khorns shout it from the rooftops and post photos of their bounty, etc.

Come on Corvette - What did you get? Did you ship them in? Are you happy with the sound? Blown away? Did you notate the time you installed them? Inquireing minds want to know.

Actually, my newest addition is not all that spectacular (very nice pair of 1977 Heresy Walnut Oil with original risers).

After the disaster I went through with the first pair of Klipschorns I purchased and posted about in http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/680160/ShowPost.aspx I decided to chest my cards, especially considering some of the negative feedback I received regarding my aggressive approach acquiring speakers to complete my sound system (I am a motivated buyer on an accelerated schedule because I need to wrap this up soon due to thee construction schedule for my house addition). All I still seek now is a pair of 1980 to early 1982 style B Klipschorns and another pair of 1980 to early 1982 Cornwall or maybe 1985-1990 Cornwall II.

To answer your questions, as it turns out, I purchased an almost identical pair of KC-BR (with black grills which I preferred anyway) a few days later from a seller on the west coast. While they will not be installed until I complete construction of my new theater (designed specifically to the room dimensions optimum for Klipschorns), I did test them briefly free standing (not in corners) powered only by an old cheap little 25-watt RMS/channel bookshelf system amplifier and I must say, impressive indeed.

My only hope is that it is not time to upgrade everything to Klipschorns.