Who has Cornscala pics and details??????

homemadeheresy

I think the key element is to build in flexibility to change horns and drivers. Else you could go to a lot of trouble to build new cabinets only to realize (or be told) that you horns and/or drivers "suck" and that there is a newer and better options.

I have cornscalas and love them....though I modified a set of corns to get there as I could not justify building a new cabinet for that set of drivers.

I want a split Cornscala.

But with the top section the same height as the khorn top bin. Just tall enough to fit the horns w/no extra space. And a bass bin only as big/deep to sound ok. As petite as possible - Nice & shallow, not 24" like the LaScala.

That's what I'd build if I had the skill. This would make a nice center for Khorns. Seems I'm not the only one who stuggles with this. Pretty darned hard to put a LaScala in the center when you're dealing with a TV.

BEC - You were working on a shallower version of a CS, right? How is that going?

Seriously, if someone could come up with the above as a kit (hint to Bob), I'd think there could be a market for it. Maybe not alot. Not like the tweeters, or as easy to deal with... But surely there might be interest? It's pretty hard to find one split LS. And they are usually nasty looking and that big bass bin is problematic for many.

What do you call a Corwall bass bin with an ALtec 811B or maybe even a 511 on top or in it's own separate top cabinet?

I think it's been done but don't know who. Now THAT would be an improvement. Why mess around with a klipsch horn & driver when superior units are available? If your going to modify a CW, go full throttle.

I think it would sound great and be a two way design to boot.

-Mark

. Why mess around with a klipsch horn & driver when superior units are available? .

it's called a Model 19, mark ......[:)]

ya I want a pair of those, some khorn bass bins..oh oh and a couple 10 cell horns as well....[*-)] some 902 drivers ....um a nice tubed preamp......ah well guess I'll just go to work menyana. more meat for the grinder little monkey[8-)]

You don't need a kit form. You just hand Home depot a list of wood sizes and you then put together. The above mentioned link is an absolute step by step assembly for even those that have no wood working skills.

Yes...you can change out the horns easily as well as the network.

let me know if that link doesn't work for you.

here is the motorboard for my cornscalas for the trachorn 400. This will happen one day

post-16499-13819283722222_thumb.jpg

. Why mess around with a klipsch horn & driver when superior units are available? .

it's called a Model 19, mark ......[:)]

Thanks Duke. - Got my eye on a pair right now. Would have to sell my CW's for this upgrade though. No woodworking involved. [;)]