Center Channel Advice Needed

Timber

I am currently wondering how much of a difference there is in sound quality between the RC-25 + RC-35? I have a pair of T5000`s as front l&r and T500`s as rears, I will use my T1000`s as Rear surr l&r all powered by an AVR435 HK reciever. Am I going to be able to hear the 1 db or is there way more to figure in, some help by prof`s would be great ! Thanks in advance...Because reviews I have seen have been so mixed. Any input would be GREAT !

My 2 cents......

I'd be looking at the RC-52 and RC62 if I was in your shoes because the

new models have been improved from what I have seen. The 25 and 35 are

being dropped.

In fact, I was just in your shoes, and I purchased a RC-62 this very week, and I FREAKIN love it!!

:)

WOW...I'm in pure heaven with my new Klipsch!

These are the Tangent series, correct? If so, that's NOT going to be a match.

Ideally, the best match is an identical main. That failing, try a Heresy II. That failing, try an Academy (best size fit in a center channel style speaker). That failing, try a smaller T series speaker than your mains with the most similar top horn drivers. All should be good reasonably good sonic options. Ebay and used audio sites, as well as here on occasion can be good sources for your speaker matches.

But Reference series is NOT a timbre match.

You are very correct in the Tangent, Thanks for your expertise! I have a pair of T-1000 bookshelf speakers and am currently using one for center in a 5.1 format, which my HK AVR435 has the Logic 7 feild to compensate (we all now how effective surr back l&r are). However my T-1000`s have a db sensitivity of only 91, my T-5000`s are 99db and rear side T-500`s have 97db sensitivity. Soooooo the math ain`t so good as the center is nowhere near up to the task of keeping up with the front 5000`s. I have also now hooked up my KSW-300 Sub and dialog is not what it should be, I was hoping that the RC-35 would bring a little brighter resopnse. Again asking ?`s, so here we go, my local dealer also has access to the RC-7, even though I would have to build a shelf to handle it`s 40+ pounds , do you still figure a no - go as far as matching response? Thanks so much for your input, as I hate putting faith in an E-bay type solution when it comes to speakers.

Yeah I know, but I have always just had a separate stereo and then surround for the movies and such.It took a lot of time to decide to combine this and make it all work, I am very impressed with my HK receiver thus far, but boy does it heat up(gosh wonder why......OK that`s sarcastic) I have to admit I`m not an expert when it comes to this, but I know what I like. I just hate like you know what returning something 2 days after the fact to upgrade. That`s why when I discovered this forum it was great to find guys and girls as pumped about the best damn speakers on the planet !

So you have a 62 and it is everything and more than you expected ? What don`t you like about it ? And my final skill testing ? what do U have as a supporting system around it ? Thanks in advance for your help !

t2rp008.gif

Im not familiar with your T-1000s, but this was the first thing that came to mind:)

As for my RC-62, I cant say that there is anything I dislike about the

speaker. It is everything I hoped for in a center channel

speaker. I also bought RF82s for fronts, RF52s for surrounds, and I use

a small pair of existing wallmounted speakers for backs. I run

everything through a Yamaha RX-V2500 and a SVS PB12-plus/2 is serving

subwoofer duty. All in all, Im very pleased with my new

Klipsch additions and dont have negatives to report at the moment.

Which center channels are you considering?

Thanks for your response, god I don`t know because my local dealer only carries Reference series, and I know that once I have this all set up I`m not going to play with it for a long time.If I could get a KLF C-7 brand new in the box I think I`d be set. There is one on the bay, but I hate delivery downers! Trying to get it right with my dinosaurs is not as easy as it should be.I was going to get the RC35, because of the deal offered, but I have heard nothing good for my existing stuff. However it doesn`t seem that going higher in this series seems to provide an answer. Thus far I have heard nothing bad w/the 62. Our fridge just blew 2 days ago, so finance is important, that and all the rest.

I would like to consider the RC-7 , however the placement over my Sony tv is next to impossible. It`s great to have this thing rocking with a cd, but I`ve had to crank up the db on my center to get response for the T1000. Toil and trouble, Matching this is not much fun, any advice is greatly is appreciated!

Buckeye:

Just picked up a pair of RF-7's (goooood deal) going to be building my house this summer. Was thinking about matching them w/ the RC-64, (2) RS-62's and R-5800's for the back sourround. My room area is about 3000cuft (22x13.5x10). Also have a SVS 20-31+ to go along with it. What do you think will they all blend pretty well? Hope its not too much overkill. LOL.

Jonathan

jr,

I would try to get an RC-7 rather than an RC-64 to match your RF-7's, if you can find them. The tweeter for the RC-7 matches the RF-7, while the tweeter for the RC-64 is a little different. You can go either way, but the timbre-matching will be smoother with an RC-7. Just a thought.

Hey Guys,

Sorry I haven`t been back to you in a while. Thanks to the help of a most honest and simply awesome fella` in Mass. my entire problem has been solved. If you`ve been following this I`ve needed to timbre match some dinosaur T5000 fronts(Tangent) & T500(Tangent) SSurr`s. I have T1000`s(Tangent) for BSurr`s & KSW300 sub. The prob being the 1000`s have a responce of 91 db. 5000`s 99 db & 500`s 97 db sens. And sooo I was using one of the 1000`s as Center. My hope was to invent a time machine to match the 99db sens of my fronts and find a KLF C7 that was new in the box. Better than that I found a kindered spirit which made these daydreams come true. I have yet to recieve it, but feel like a kid in a candy store.I just wanted to say thanks to buckeye for all your response, & MIKE you are the best !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I`ll let you guys know how fantastic it is, even send pics if I must. I can`t wait ! And now I have to figure out air flow to my HK and figure out a way to make my KP46WT500 handle the 40 LB`s. I think I`ll go old school & hang it. Just so you know, I`m going to be hung up with a back operation soon, so it`s uber important to find a solution. If any of you know Mike ,give him a pat on the back, cause he really helped me out thus far. THANKS GUYS !