there is nothing wrong with 128kb mp3 quality on Klipsch speakers.

Clarence

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's nice stringer of fish I caught while fishing with my dad. We were stocking some new tanks (ponds) that were built at my brother in laws ranch.

I generally turn them all loose, or keep only a couple for eating. But we spent the weekend catching and transporting fish all over the ranch. Can't wait to take my girls out there fishing......ah! I'm getting home sick, better go before I break out in tears.

post-12381-13819286683142_thumb.jpg

post-12381-1381929095661_thumb.jpg

post-12381-1381929491556_thumb.jpg

Wholly CRAP!!! You don't go swimming in that water do ya! Man, sakes alive, you couldn't pay me to rinse my hands in that water....holy smoke!

Geez Louise, I hope you don't drink too much on the boat, because if you go over, your bait. Man!, I love that one.

Wholly CRAP!!! You don't go swimming in that water do ya! Man, sakes alive, you couldn't pay me to rinse my hands in that water....holy smoke!

Geez Louise, I hope you don't drink too much on the boat, because if you go over, your bait. Man!, I love that one.

Your concerns are not out of the realm of possibility!!!

Nice stringer of fish!!

Caught these is 45 minutes one evening last year! Oh what a fish fry that was

post-7461-13819286685952_thumb.jpg

post-7461-1381929095939_thumb.jpg

post-7461-1381929491845_thumb.jpg

Walleyes', and a nice lookin bunch at that. Perfect eating size, perfect.

Dang Craig, we need to hook up on a fishing trip. You can keep your smokes, and won't ever here a peep out of me.

By the way, what kind of fish was that monsterous basturd?Son of gun, if I were in the boat at the time that photo was taken, I'd a made like Jesus on water, only faster.

Gilbert,

I go every single year at the end of May for a week its my only time away from the real world. Your welcome to come anytime but be warned we rough it. Just a small crude 2" X 2" and plywood constructed temporary cabins. But we have a ball.

Here was last years camp

post-7461-13819286688192_thumb.jpg

post-7461-1381929096163_thumb.jpg

post-7461-1381929492047_thumb.jpg

Shoot, that looks like the Ritz Carlton compared to some of the places I've camped at. As long as the bears don't drag my asss off into the woods, I'm good to go under the stars.

I love it, and this is something I would do. Your timing is perfect too, the mother in law typically comes up near the end of May, so this is really looking perfect. The only problem I could foresee is if someone else snores louder than me. Or if you forget to bring Lysol, because I like to fart.

How many of you guys typically head out there? What kind of expenses should I expect? What do I need? I have about 4 rod & reel setups, but they're all bait casting rigs. Is that good enough? Man, I wanna catch the toothy looking basturd you showed a picture of. [:P]

Craig,

White River? you're kidding me I'm from Chapleau, not all that far from White River. I fish a lake every 2days in the summer anywhere from White River to Wawa to Chapleau and further east towards Timmins. Thats a nice stringer of walleye. My biggest catch of my life was last year just 10mins from my home on the Chapleau river, a 41inch Pike. That was a monster of a fish, fought for awhile... I was so scared I'd lose it, I was running an 8lb line with a leech while fishing for walleyes. I was speechless when my dad took the net and brought in the bad boy. I let him go though, smaller ones taste better. Whoever said pikes dont taste good, its an acquired taste however. I love walleyes for eating, or even yellow perch. My dad used to work at the Chapleau power plant, it was about 100feet away from the chapleau river, and the plant had a pump installed right on the banks of the river. The water pipe that sucked the water in was placed mid-river and had a giant cage around it so fish didn't get sucked in. But the beauty of it is, theres a plank that I can walk on to get on the rusty cage and the force of the current keeps feeder pikes and walleyes very close to the cage. That means the big boys are lurking just a lil further away, its the best fishing spot ever. I fish there almost everyday and always comeback with dinner.

Looking at all the pics makes me crave fishing, 11 days till I'm done my finals and am headed up home for a week before I start working some sort of summer job. A week of trout, pike and walleyes I can barely wait for. I'll scan some pics of the fishing spot I was talking about after tomorrow's exam.

Damn, all this talk is getting me pumped for the season.. gotta renew my license for the year!

Shoot, that looks like the Ritz Carlton compared to some of the places I've camped at. As long as the bears don't drag my asss off into the woods, I'm good to go under the stars.

I love it, and this is something I would do. Your timing is perfect too, the mother in law typically comes up near the end of May, so this is really looking perfect. The only problem I could foresee is if someone else snores louder than me. Or if you forget to bring Lysol, because I like to fart.

How many of you guys typically head out there? What kind of expenses should I expect? What do I need? I have about 4 rod & reel setups, but they're all bait casting rigs. Is that good enough? Man, I wanna catch the toothy looking basturd you showed a picture of. [:P]

Me and my dad barely rent those shacks, we prefer camping out in tents. Up here in Northern Ontario there are plenty of places, just around my small town of 1800 people theres about 260 lakes between us and the next town. Tiny or big, they all hold fish. Since up here is not as populated and everyone is a conscious fisherman, the big ones are always lurking in every lake. End of may is an amazing fishing season, or even early may. If you need any expenses I personally know a few camp operators and they all have the "American Plan" for people from down south that includes a cabin, fishing trips, food and etc. Bait casting is fine, although I like spin casting. Pikes are plenty and they'll hit just about anything... they specifically love spinners, the five of diamonds yellow spoon (or just about any attractive spoon), jerkbaits, crankbaits... or leeches and minnows. I see no point in spending $20 on a giant Rapala crankbait when a leech does the job as well but different stokes for different folks.

Moose Horn Lodge is about a 15min drive from my house, and its quite a nice place. They are on a spectacular lake, and are professional owners. You can check them out at www.moosehorn.net They also do great packages for the fall moose and bear hunt season, always see a bear or two hanging out there when I go for a visit. Then theres the Chapleau Lodge located on Borden lake, and from fishing there I can tell you its a very nice lake to fish. You can check them out at www.chapleaulodge.com

The cheapest way is still to find campgrounds and tent out, or drive out to a remote lake and find a flat piece of land :)

Gilbert,

The last week in May it can get very cold up there at night. I mean I have been literally snowed out of the area before! Although most years its T-shirt wheather during the day. Heck some years the ice hasn't been off the lakes more then a few weeks when we get there. Trust me at least in my case the bones just can't take sleeping on the ground anymore. We tented for years but about 5 years ago I gave it up.

Craig

I guess I should answer the rest of your questions.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

By the end of the day everyone is so tired from having fun the enter cabin is full of snoring fools so whats one more LOL!!

So far I think we have 5 of us going this year but it usually comes down to the wire on who will actually go or not. Heck I'm still waiting on my outfitter to tell me what week is the best for her at this point. She usually has another large crew that visits the same lake so I take either the week before or after them and she cuts me a deal on the cabins. Normal price for a setup like that is about $175 a day last year I paid $500 for 7 days LOL!! The thing about non residents is that you have to pay $10 per day per person just to camp on crown land. When you hire an outfitter that fee is waived. So without the cabin 6 guys would still be shelling out $60 day!! I figure its a no brainier.

A week "In the Bush" and farts smell like perfume LOL!!

Bait casters are fine! Medium to light duty rods are all you need. Its more fun that way you have to show your skill at playing the fish. I use 8lbs line and about 3 different rod types. Jigs, crank baits and live bait. To be honest I rarely fish for those toothy buggers unless the walleyes are being pesky. But I know many a lake we can portage too and slay the big ones. I always try to have a spare 12' boat for puddle jumping for big northerns. The actual lake we go to is primarily a walleye lake but has northern but you would be awful lucky to hook one the size above in that lake.

How much money will you need.........? I would say once your here you would need about $600 to be absolutely comfortable and should be taking some of that home with you. I spent $800 last year but I had to pay for much of my sons way since he went on the last minute whim and was short on cash. Things are on the expensive side with todays US/Can exchange rate being like a 1.13 ouch! I can remember it being near $1.50 at one time. Allot depends on how much beer you drink [;)]. I always have a beer in my hand by <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />noon while up there it's one of the only times I drink! We usually stop at a grocery store state side to buy the grub and split the cost between us we like to eat pretty well! We buy beer in Canada (when in Rome type thing). Labatt's baby!! Fishing license is about $35 for a week.

With this many people going we will need to score at least one more 14' boat from somewhere. But that is not your problem. Well unless your towing one up with you LOL!!

Me and my dad barely rent those shacks, we prefer camping out in tents. Up here in Northern Ontario there are plenty of places, just around my small town of 1800 people theres about 260 lakes between us and the next town. Tiny or big, they all hold fish. Since up here is not as populated and everyone is a conscious fisherman, the big ones are always lurking in every lake. End of may is an amazing fishing season, or even early may. If you need any expenses I personally know a few camp operators and they all have the "American Plan" for people from down south that includes a cabin, fishing trips, food and etc. Bait casting is fine, although I like spin casting. Pikes are plenty and they'll hit just about anything... they specifically love spinners, the five of diamonds yellow spoon (or just about any attractive spoon), jerkbaits, crankbaits... or leeches and minnows. I see no point in spending $20 on a giant Rapala crankbait when a leech does the job as well but different stokes for different folks.

Moose Horn Lodge is about a 15min drive from my house, and its quite a nice place. They are on a spectacular lake, and are professional owners. You can check them out at www.moosehorn.net They also do great packages for the fall moose and bear hunt season, always see a bear or two hanging out there when I go for a visit. Then theres the Chapleau Lodge located on Borden lake, and from fishing there I can tell you its a very nice lake to fish. You can check them out at www.chapleaulodge.com

The cheapest way is still to find campgrounds and tent out, or drive out to a remote lake and find a flat piece of land :)

ranjith,

How is the fishing around the moosehorn lodge? They sure have some atractive housekeeping plan prices. $329 each for a week if you bring your own boat is a steal! $409 and they provide boat, motor, gas, bait and the works for your boat that is even a bigger steal. These prices are if only two people go great deal for sure. Are you going to be in the north country the end of May?

Craig

ranjith,

How is the fishing around the moosehorn lodge? They sure have some atractive housekeeping plan prices. $329 each for a week if you bring your own boat is a steal! $409 and they provide boat, motor, gas, bait and the works for your boat that is even a bigger steal. These prices are if only two people go great deal for sure. Are you going to be in the north country the end of May?

Craig

On the lake that Moosehorn Lodge is on, the fishing is pretty good. Not many giant ones, atleast I don't recall from people in Chapleau. Yeah they offer some great prices, and the accomodation in person looks decent as well. Definitely more luxurious than a shack or a tent for sure. The lake they lodge is on is a smaller one, good walleyes. But Chapleau/moosehorn area has SO many lakes that you don't have to worry if one lake isn't biting. Within 15-20min drive from the lodge I can tell you atleast a dozen great fishing spots, including spots for deep lake trouts in the hottest of summer days.Too many lakes + not a lot of population = sweet! Also, with Chapleau being 15mins away, you can get live bait for quite cheap.

As far as me being up in Chapleau at end of May, it'll depend on what kind of summer job I get. Let me know when you're headed up there, if schedule and circumstances permit I'll be home and maybe join you with my artillery. I don't know if you are into hunting but moosehorn lodge is THE place to visit. Chapleau has a ridiculous concentration of black bears, last summer I spotted 5 black bears on my street in one night, it was nuts. Last fall at the moosehorn lodge I remember there were four American groups there, and 2nd day of hunting all four had atleast a bear each. Quite the sight watching those pros skin them and hang'em up.

At a lake pretty close to the moosehorn lodge me and dad caught 6 walleyes ranging in 20' to 26' in about half hour... it was one of those days.Its a remote lake though, have to drive through this narrow dirt road for about 10-12mins and then a tiny 5min hike to the actual spot. Talk to the locals, they know more than they'll be willing to admit. If you do happen to go around there I can find some hot spots from dad's friend who also runs a camp up there. He always has them on his gps on a few different lakes. good luck

Ranjith