Home Theater Master MX-500 Won't Power Off ???

Chris Robinson

I just added the batteries to this remote control that came with my Sunfire Theater Grand. The previous owner threw it in as part of the package.

I've managed to get it set up but the remote doesn't want to power off, or, most likely, it's operator error. There are two power buttons on the remote (labeled "System" and "Power") but neither power off the remote when pressed.

Really dumb question, I know, but I figure one of you out there uses this remote and can give me a hand.

Thanks!

Chris

Just one ? when you say power off remote to you mean send power off

signal to component or turning the remote off?As the remote itself does

not turn off.

The only thing I can think of is its not in the proper mode to send the

appropriate signal.When you push the main button you then have to

select which component to operate,make sure the remote has the code for

the unit you are trying to operate.

Hey Chris -

The remote that came with my B&K pre/pro is essentially a MX500. The screen stays "lit" all the time.

BTW, if you go to the B&K website, they have a software you can download called BKSuite that allows you to create macros on your PC and then download the file into the remote. I'm not 100% positive it will work with your remote, but I got to believe it will. Besides, it's free!

Me? I invested in a Harmony 880 and I love that thing. Push one button and everything turns on for that activity and system is set-up for the activity. Press one more button and my three sets of lights dim down to three different level settings. I'm a spoiled SOB! LOL....... Just wish there was a button that said, "Get beer". LMAO.......

Tom

If you do start downloading macros/IR codes, etc into that thing, make sure you first save the current programming. My Ref 50 also came with that one and I was messing with it one day and wiped out the program. It wouldn't work with my pre until I found the right code. The heck of it was that there are like 20 B & K Ref 50 codes to choose from. Weird. Anyway, make sure you save the current image before messing around with it.

Billy