Manley "Shrimp" Preamplifier,....I Love it!

NMR Guy

Hello All:

I'm back, not as 126mhz but as NMR Guy. I have no idea why I was never able to sign back into my account after the upgrade, even with the help of the board administrator and others at Klipsch. I think it had something to do with the new software not accepting any screen names that begin with numbers. (that's my theory anyway)

For the past few day I have been listening to my new Manley "Shrimp" Preamplifer in a couple of my systems and I love it. I'm going to do my best to give a review after I've had it in one of my two main systems for a month or so.

I will say up front that Manley's attitude towards their customers is as good as any I've ever witnessed. These people really know how to treat others.Manley Shrimp Review

Take a look at their web site, they have quite a sense of humor.Manley Labs Website

Regards,

P.S. Could someone please give me instructions on how to install an avitar in my new sign in for the forums?

Click on your name in the upper right hand corner: Signed in as ______.

That will take you to your info where you can set your signature, email, avatar, and other stuff.

Click on the avatar tab. Highlight the enable avatar button. Hit browse to find where you have the picture you want to use as your avatar. Then hit Save Changes.

I recently had the opportunity to visit a local Manley dealer - great looking gear - more "retro" than many recent tube products - rock solid construction. I may take a few pieces home to audition - a great service offered by this dealer (Holm Audio).

Hi Craig:

I found the Manley Pre from a local guy here in Portland. I had a chance to try it in my system for a couple of days and I knew right away that I had to have the thing. (I was able to call manley and find out exactly when it was built and when it shipped from Manley. (There's a bit more to the story that I'll have to tell you next time I speak to you on the land line)

I was very disappointed that Mark from Juicy didn't have anything in my price range, but in this case it really worked out in my favor.

It will take a month or so to recover given my modest means but I am still looking for an older Conrad Johnson tube pre for my bedroom system. (prehaps a PV2, PV2A, PV3, or PV4)

It's great to be back.

Regards,