How would Forte's with Fortes ll's work in 6.1

dtel

• Moderators

I have 4 Forte ll's and i have a chance to get a pair of forte's . I really wanted 6 of the same flavor, but would it make that much difference. The only real difference is the midrange k-61-k or K-53- k can you hear a difference? Not really worried about bass i also use a sub.

I used a set of Forte's in the surround positions for a couple of months - Forte IIs for the mains and center**. I thought they worked out pretty good and actually complimented each other in 5 channel stereo mode. 95% of your effort should be concentrated on the speakers that get 95% of the workload.

** the center is actually a modified Quartet retrofitted with Forte II crossover and tweeter

As you already know, matching speakers is the best route. That said I think you will be fine mixing the F and F II espically for movies. Not sure how much multi-channel music you listen to.

One thing I would caution you on is 6.1 in general. I have personally done 5.1, 6.1 and 7.1. I currently run 7.1. I really did not like 6.1...it was very distracting. I stood out like a sore thumb. If you have the ability go 7.1. If you don't have the amps or what ever other reason you can't do 7.1 I would stick with 5.1

You can always try it and see if 6.1 is for you or not. Selling a pair of Fortes should never be a very difficult task.

Good Luck!

Well even if they sound the same are you going to continue looking for the next pair of Forte II's in the area? [;)]

You know you guys are obsessed (aren't we all?), might as well hold out for the deal you were looking for that way you don't have any doubts lingering in your head.

But ya, if it were me I wouldn't care one bit - worst case scenario you find yourself in a possible position to do some parts switching if random Forte II parts showing up on ebay.

• Moderators

Well even if they sound the same are you going to continue looking for the next pair of Forte II's in the area? [;)]

You know you guys are obsessed (aren't we all?), might as well hold out for the deal you were looking for that way you don't have any doubts lingering in your head.

But ya, if it were me I wouldn't care one bit - worst case scenario you find yourself in a possible position to do some parts switching if random Forte II parts showing up on ebay.

Your right i would still be looking for a pair of ll's, but i could always use them for something else or sell them later.

I made an offer if they were Forte ll's but i think they are Forte's.

I am going to make a different offer if they are Forte and not II's.