It's finally here!!!!!!!

RTTR

YES!!! Only took 37 days of waiting, my NAD C162 preamp finally arrived, just picked it up at 4pm CST, wow!! This preamp is smooooooth. Coming soon.....C542 HDCD Player

Note the 2' Belden/Canare cable from Blue Jeans under the amp, sitting and waiting for the CD player. [:D]

04-20-06_1637%20%28Medium%29.jpg

04-20-06_1651%20%28Medium%29.jpg

The NAD C540 was the first cd player in my 2 channel system. I liked the C540 so much that when they came out with the C542 I bought it without hearing it first. I was not disapointed it had better bass and the midrange was improved, smoother.

I am thinking about buying the AH!Super Tjoeb with upsampler later this year to try a tube cd player. I am going to Japan next month so the money I am spending on the trip would have gone to the AH! cd player so I will not be able to get it until later this year or early next year.

Glad you got the gear finally!! I would tell the dealer you bought from that you want a discount price on the C542. Check on the web for authorized NAD dealers and find the best price and ask your dealer to match it.

I just did an A/B between my old (cheapo $150 Pioneer Pro-Logic receiver + Klipsch Quintet II satellites) and the new (NAD 2-Ch seperates + Klipsch F-3s) I don't know how I manged to listen to the old setup for as long as I did, it sounds so dead and unnatural compared to the new, and to think if I bought Reference series.

I think I'll eventually need to get some Heritage series speakers to really take advantage of this awesome NAD setup.