Who loves RAVE HD?

jdm56

...I do! I've seen artists that otherwise I would never get a chance to see --Kasey Chambers, John Mayer, John Hiatt, Shelby Lynn, etc. Yeah, they are a bit bad about repeating things, but I guess there's only so much HD concert footage out there. Still, the sound is often very good, and the HD video usually looks great. All in all, RAVE HD is the best thing on Dish Network's HD pack and practically justifies the cost all by itself.

What y'all think? What is your favorite HD channel? What do you think about the state of HDTV programming, availability and pricing? My biggest concern right now, is where is National Geographic HD? Why isn't it up and running on Dish?

• Moderators

Yes i like Rave , I don't buy movies only concert dvd's.

Rave gives me a chance to see concerts without buying them. If i see one on Rave i like ,mostly ''Soundstage" I will buy it.

Concerts are like movies in a way, you never know if it's recorded well or if the picture is ok,i can put up with a poor video but not poor sound.

I just watched one tonight Lyle Lovett ,not really my kind of music but the sound was really good, he was singing songs from different movies,also did a couple of songs with Randy Newman.

I've caught part of that one, but not the whole thing...yet! 'Course, I'm a pretty big LL fan, so naturally, I loved it.

With sound and video production as good as this, I could become a concert video collector, too. Oh, I've accumulated a handful of titles over the years, but nothing compared with all that is available now.