How far should the RF-7s be from the side walls?

Kain

Well? Smile.gif

------------------

Home Theater (getting soon):

TV: Sony KV-ES34M80 (34" FD Trinitron WEGA)

DVD Player: Toshiba SD-5200

VCR: Sony SLV-ED100 (HiFi VCR)

Receiver: Denon AVC-A11SR (230V version of Denon AVR-4802)

Speakers -

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7

Subwoofer: SVS CS-Ultra w/Samson S1000 amplifier

At least 4` from the side walls and 2-3 feet from the back wall(from back of speaker).In my room the RF-7`s are about 3`from the side walls and 3` from the back wall now.

Very good compromise for smaller rooms.

If your room is larger the leave more space,for example in a 20*30 room you cound position the speakers 5-6 feet from the side walls and 5 feet from the back wall.

Dont forget to angle the speakers,horn loaded speakers should be directed at you.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Well, my room is about 10 ft (W) by about 13-14 ft (L).

------------------

Home Theater (getting soon):

TV: Sony KV-ES34M80 (34" FD Trinitron WEGA)

DVD Player: Toshiba SD-5200

VCR: Sony SLV-ED100 (Hi-Fi VCR)

Receiver: Denon AVC-A11SR (230V version of Denon AVR-4802)

Speakers -

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7

Subwoofer: SVS CS-Ultra w/Samson S1000 amplifier

what happens if you don't really have that much room?. i'm building a second home theater room that's only 12 feet wide and 20 feet long but my couch will be about 13 feet from the front wall. i'm putting a 50 inch projection tv so as you can see i don't really have the recommended placement. i was thinking of the rf7's or the chorus II - would the chorus have the same type of restrictions or can i place them about 1.5 feet front and side. seems like you'll need so much room to optimally use the rf7's and from other threads i've read that you'll also need pretty high end equipment so it will sound decent. so did klipsch target the rich for the rf7 ... unfortunately i'm not one of them. i know kain64 started this thread and i apologize for jumping in with my own situation and thanks for any insight anyone can give ... want to make up my mind by this week.

Kain,

Kain I managed to pack the RF-7's,RC-5 and RF-5's(as sourrounds)with 3 Sunfire subs,1 Carver sub and two Klipsch(KSW15 and 12)in my second tiny HT room!And this with FOUR amps,and many other gear.

The thing is my TV is a low bro Toshiba 27" Cinema Series(cinema my EAR if you know what I mean).Soon I will get a Toshiba 36" to replace this "Cinema" TV LOL

This lets me place the RF-7's 3 feet from the side walls and 3 feet from the back wall.Sounds is quite good thank you.

TheEAR(s) Now theears