Nice 299B on ebay BIN $299

3dzapper

how much would it take to 'rework' this to full operation? Does it have to be rebuilt by Craig or is that just recommendation here?

I sent him a note, wonder where it's located. I hate shipping.

Is this a good bargain? Do you guys think this is good entry point into tubes?

M

colterphoto1, The Scott 299B is a all tube integrated amplifier. If I remember correctly it uses (4) 7189's in the output stage and is tube rectified. Very nice sounding amp. I have a Scott 222C awaiting a rebuild but It works fine for now. They all used good iron and $299 BIN it should be a nice deal. They are going up all the time.

Too bad they didnt provide some tube side nude shots. I would ask the seller for these and some of the rear apron. Also they really dont get into what is working and what isn't.

@20 w/ch output out of the 7189 quad. Similar to the EL84/6BQ5 but uses a higher plate voltage. You should plan on gettin it rebuilt or partially rebuilt. Craig could give you a better idea of the cost.

Haru

I probably would have bought it for one of the 2 or 3 friends of mine who have been waiting to find a nice one. The problem is it wasn't actually a 299b. It was a 299(a). Still a good deal assuming the guy was honest (questionable since he called it a 299b among other things in his description). It did go to a forum member though so Craig will probably be seeing it shortly.