New RT-12d

Guest BobG

Guest BobG

OK, I know this is a bit cruel, but I want to share some listening impressions from a session yesterday. We were auditioning the new RT-12d sub which will be shipping pretty soon. I think you're going to be favorably impressed by this new model. The automatic room correction works very well and can cope with many more room mode problems than competitive models. The RT-12d goes deep, is very musical and has lots of output. We compared it to the RSW-15 which is no slouch, but the RT-12d was quite a bit better.

For fun, we connected the RT-12d to the RSW-15 and used the correction system to correct for the pair of subs. That was very effective and created very homogenous bass throughout the listening room.

Sorry it's taking us a bit of time to get the RT subs to you, but I expect people will appreciate what Klipsch has done with these models.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Article from Home tech news in January. MSRP 1,999.00

Klipsch offers new subwoofer category
Posted: 11-Jan-2006 [source: Klipsch]

[Klipsch offers six new powered subwoofer models in its award-winning Reference Series, the RT-12d, RT-10d, RSW-10d, RW-12d, RW-10d and RPW-10. ]

Indianapolis -- Designed to deliver staggering bass intensity, the new triangular-shaped RT-12d and RT-10d flagship subwoofers are small footprint, high-output models with powerful front-firing Cerametallic woofers and dual rear-firing passive radiators. These subwoofers easily fit into corners where they are less intrusive. This unique enclosure style also allows the passive radiators to face both corners of a wall for maximum bass performance. In fact, corner loading a subwoofer creates a six-decibel increase in output without an increase in power.

Through DSP, the RT subwoofers deliver a new level of customized bass performance. They both feature a patent-pending digital control panel display that allows users to quickly and easily adjust all functions. The RT-12d and RT-10d also offer three equalization modes (flat, depth and punch) and five user-adjustable preset modes (music, movies, night and two name-your-own settings) to establish specific listening preferences. By utilizing a patent-pending auto room correction process, formally known as Adaptive Room Correction or ARC, and the included calibration microphone, these RT models ensure ideal performance in every listening area. They also come with an IR input for operation from any learning remote or control system.

Available in either a cherry or black wood veneer finish, the RT-12d employs three 12-inch drivers and an 800-watt RMS amplifier, while the RT-10d has three 10-inch drivers and a 700-watt RMS amplifier.

As the most compact subwoofer in the line, the RSW-10d has an even smaller enclosure than its predecessor as well as substantially increased amplifier power and all-new high-excursion drivers. The RSW-10d offers three user-adjustable preset modes (music, movies and night) and features the same digital control panel and equalization modes as the RT models. Available in a cherry or black woodgrain vinyl finish, the RSW-10d also comes with an IR input for operation from any learning remote or control system.

The RW-12d and RW-10d enhance the performance qualities that made the preceding RW-12 and RW-10 models so popular. These two new subwoofers still retain critical performance features such as exclusive Corner Port technology but now offer the same digital control panel and three equalization modes (flat, depth and punch) as the RSW-10d. While both the RW-12d and RW-10d come in a black woodgrain vinyl finish, the RW-10d is also available in silver.

The front-firing RPW-10 subwoofer employs a 10-inch fiber-composite woofer and a 200-watt RMS amplifier. This entry-level model features traditional volume, crossover and phase controls and has a front-firing slot port for easy installation into custom cabinetry. Available in either a black woodgrain or silver vinyl finish, the RPW-10 brings a new level of performance to the value-priced subwoofer category.

Slated to begin shipping to the specialty retail market in March, these subwoofers will be sold at the following U.S. MSRP pricing: $1,999 for the RT-12d, $1,599 for the RT-10d, $1,199 for the RSW-10d, $699 for the RW-12d, $499 for the RW-10d and $349 for the RPW-10.

More...

NuVision 52DLPNuVision 52DLP

Kodak V610 Bluetooth CameraKodak V610 Bluetooth Camera

BlueSonic Bluetooth SpeakersBlueSonic Bluetooth Speakers

Philips RC9800i Touch ControlPhilips RC9800i Touch Control

Sony 1080i minicamSony 1080i minicam

Nexus T2 satellite tunerNexus T2 satellite tuner

DLO HomeDock DeluxeDLO HomeDock Deluxe

Samsung Blu-Ray BD PlayerSamsung Blu-Ray BD Player

Kodak V570 Dual-Lens CameraKodak V570 Dual-Lens Camera

MoGo Bluetooth mouseMoGo Bluetooth mouse

CES 2006CES 2006

Samsung's 1080p DLP HDTVSamsung's 1080p DLP HDTV

Linux-based MediaREADY 6000Linux-based MediaREADY 6000

Sigma USB 1080i TunerSigma USB 1080i Tuner

TiVo's Wireless NetworkTiVo's Wireless Network

© 2005-2006 Web Market, Inc. All times recorded in UTC. webmaster@HomeTechNews.com RSS

Valid HTML 4.1!

post-4626-13819297679676_thumb.jpg

Guest BobG

The room was one of our larger ones and we had about a dozen people in it for much of hte session. Irregular shape with large glass window makes the room a tough one acoustically.

OK, I know this is a bit cruel, but I want to share some listening impressions from a session yesterday. We were auditioning the new RT-12d sub which will be shipping pretty soon. I think you're going to be favorably impressed by this new model. The automatic room correction works very well and can cope with many more room mode problems than competitive models. The RT-12d goes deep, is very musical and has lots of output. We compared it to the RSW-15 which is no slouch, but the RT-12d was quite a bit better.

For fun, we connected the RT-12d to the RSW-15 and used the correction system to correct for the pair of subs. That was very effective and created very homogenous bass throughout the listening room.

Sorry it's taking us a bit of time to get the RT subs to you, but I expect people will appreciate what Klipsch has done with these models.

Ya damn right it's cruel!!! More, more......we wanna know more! C'mon man.....throw us a bone here. [:)]

Tom

Trey was telling me about the processing capabilities and how easy it

will be to daisy chain mutliple of any units together - way cool!

Will they be stackable? It'd be so cool to have a stack of 4 in each corner.

Trey was telling me about the processing capabilities and how easy it will be to daisy chain mutliple of any units together - way cool!

Will they be stackable? It'd be so cool to have a stack of 4 in each corner.

Stack 4 in each corner!!!!!!![:o][:o] Good Lord if you try that and you'll need plastic surgery to lift your kidneys back up off your ankles.[8-)]

WOW! jocundity. WhEEEEEEE!!!1

Your Query of 'Jocundity' Resulted in 1 Matches

From The AND Dictionary

Displaying Items 1 through 1

Definitions

jocund

adj

• 1. Cheerful; merry; good-humoured.

Derivative: jocundity

noun

Derivative: jocundly

adverb

Etymology: 14c: from Latin jocundus agreeable

so.... BobG, the picture shows only one rt12d with the 5.1 system. There are some Klipsch forum members with two or three rsw hooked up together ....... Is the rt12d capable of handling the rf-83? or Do we need 2? eh it doesn't matter what you say. say one and it saves me money, say two and I will still smile. Say 4 per corner and I will say, "wanna pay?"

Thanks for the heads up on the new Klipsch sub,I will get the 10 and 12" versions as soon as they hit the Canadian market. As you know I purchased all the three RSW's and while I am very satisfied,the subs are dialed and do in no way intrude just add slam and deep bass.I am always open to new Klipsch subs. [:D]

And I know too I was called a LIAR by some forum members for I do not post much pics,Trey you can contact Radio St-Hubert in Montreal and ask about Mr SUBWOOFER,the owner of the store and ALL the employees will confirm who TheEAR is and how many subs I OWN.

Oh yea here just got my first new Contour in my package the 3.4's. Arrived today YEEEHAW

Sorry I am worthless with my digi cam but...I am on fire these are amazing! Better than my 3.3's!

All this to say,I will get the two top of the line reference Klipsch subs [:D] I said a few hours ago no more subs,yeah right I cannot resist. [:$]

post-3469-13819297707626_thumb.jpg

Guest BobG

For the sane, which excludes all of us on the forum, one RT-12d will be enough to keep up with the RF-83s. But who wants merely "enough" bass? I currently use a mere three subs in my AV system (I know, it's embarassingly few) but adding a couple of RT-12ds in the corners will round it out nicely.

The automatic correction can also be tweeked endlessly. This is going to let people learn a lot about their sub/room combination and to really dial in accurate bass. Wait till you check out the "demo".

I would love to know what the demo is, A preprogramed test?

But why then is the system shot shown with only one rt12d? they should show it like the THX Ultra II system with dual subwoofers. I mean it has the capability with the daisy chaining.