New RT-12d

Guest BobG

umm my family of three uses around 100-150 a month.........

You realize he was quoting $400-500 a month in Canadian currency. That only equals to about $120 in US. It also costs more to pipe electricity through frozen wires than thawed. :-)

(I hope you all realize I'm kidding. I lived in Canada for a while and I loved it even though I'm from the desert. And my electric bill is only like $85.)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

theEar-were you ever able to pick up the THX Ultra II subs?

David

NO and these no longer have any value to me.If I have to get a very high output sub with very deep output.I will email SVS and order the Ultra with dual TV12's.This may come close.

I will not beg to get a product.

So do I work at MicroBytes...not a fat chance in hell.

Ear I need your help to sort my wires[:D]Yes when you get this much equipment as I and the Ear,-- a trinty in the corner ,two paradighm 2100 subs ,sub12,and all the rest,You say the hell with the wires add more equipment[:)]But yes I need a good cleanup.

You realize he was quoting $400-500 a month in Canadian currency. That only equals to about $120 in US. It also costs more to pipe electricity through frozen wires than thawed. :-) (I hope you all realize I'm kidding. I lived in Canada for a while and I loved it even though I'm from the desert. And my electric bill is only like $85.)

The Canadian dollar is worth 1.10:

400cd = 363usd.

Guest BobG

OK, so I'm sitting here looking at the picture The Ear posted of his stack of RSW subs which is pretty cool. But I can't figure out what the red thingy is going from the LED to near the surround on each of the RSW subs. So what the heck are those? Am I just dumb?

You realize he was quoting $400-500 a month in Canadian currency. That only equals to about $120 in US. It also costs more to pipe electricity through frozen wires than thawed. :-) (I hope you all realize I'm kidding. I lived in Canada for a while and I loved it even though I'm from the desert. And my electric bill is only like $85.)

The Canadian dollar is worth 1.10:

400cd = 363usd.

That was a joke.

OK, so I'm sitting here looking at the picture The Ear posted of his stack of RSW subs which is pretty cool.  But I can't figure out what the red thingy is going from the LED to near the surround on each of the RSW subs.  So what the heck are those?  Am I just dumb?

Those lights are status lights on the front of the subs that have been blurred by the camera's slow shutter speed. Nothing abnormal here.

Guest BobG

That's what I thought, but why is nothing else blurred? The movement is not slight but everything else in the picture is in sharp focus.

Perhaps Mr. Colter can advise?

That's what I thought, but why is nothing else blurred? The movement is not slight but everything else in the picture is in sharp focus.

Perhaps Mr. Colter can advise?

It's not a focus problem and the subjects are obviously not moving. Another reader got it right when he said camera blur.

It's a mixed light source so there are two parts to the exposure. The flash has illuminated and frozen the less bright objects in the room (speakers). Remember that flash is like 1/2000 of a sec. So the camera movement is not recorded

There is camera movement in the shape of the check mark of the red LED's. Because they are pretty bright in contrast to the rest of the room and overpower the flash, their 'trace' can be seen during the camera's slower shutter speed (guessing 1/30 or slower).

I get this all the time in wedding photography. At receptions, I'll use 1/8 or 1/15 a lot so the room doens't look like a 'black hole'. The flash freezes the dancing subjects and eliminates the camera shake- chandeliers and tiny points of light in the back can exhibit the tracings seen here.

Michael

I get this all the time in wedding photography. At receptions, I'll use 1/8 or 1/15 a lot so the room doens't look like a 'black hole'. The flash freezes the dancing subjects and eliminates the camera shake- chandeliers and tiny points of light in the back can exhibit the tracings seen here.

Michael

heh michael remember take breath, in hold breath, snap shot, exhale [;)] heh love the hasselblad with 1/30 and 1/8 and 1/15 damn you must be taking diazapam to not have any shake!

Guest BobG

Thanks MC. When it comes to photography, I know almost nothing.

I was at my mom's a few months ago and she was trying to give (offload) me a few things; one of which was an instamatic camera that used flash cubes. I nearly burst a lung laughing over this with my sister. I bet it's not too easy to find flash cubes these days.