What is a k-77-f?

RAD

Just out of curiosity what is different about the k-77-f tweeters now being installed in the k-horns versus the k-77-m's they used to use? Are the k-77-f's made by E-V? I have not heard anyone talk about upgrading to the k-77-f's so I assume that would not be an improvment. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks Bob. Do you know how it compares to the EV version? Not that I am considering getting them as I have your CT-125's which I am sure blow them away as they do the k-77-m's. It just seems to me that sometimes Klipsch will update a speaker with lower quality components that what they replaced. Anyone else agree with that ?

The 'F' are the latest ones that go into the Khorn and the LS boxes. This outsourcing of smaller batches, just to maintain the earlier design, is very costly. I think Klipsch wants like $250 or so for each of the little buggers.

Note that the K77F does NOT appear in the new HIII or CWIII, probably due to reasons of economy. Klipsch made up a new unit specifically for those units.

I think if I had to buy some new tweets I'd give Bob's CT125's a try before I bought F's from Klipsch.

Dean offered a pair of K77M just yesterday for like $125/pr, very good price imho.

Michael

Michael

Guest " "

I have a set of "k-77-f's" in my 2004 lascala's. The k-77-f in my lascala's do not have the familuar round klipsch tag or the familuar klipsch ink imprint....these have what appears to be a white paper sticker that have k-77-f imprinted on them, but they do not say klipsch.

Thanks Bob.  Do you know how it compares to the EV version?  Not that I am considering getting them as I have your CT-125's which I am sure blow them away as they do the k-77-m's.  It just seems to me that sometimes Klipsch will update a speaker with lower quality components that what they replaced.  Anyone else agree with that ?

I have only had one of the K-77F tweeters to rebuild so far. It tests about the same as a K-77M and seems to be built almost identically. The cloned diaphragm that comes with it seems to me to be back to an early style of the EV diaphragms before the improved copper-beryllium leads that the later EV diaphragms have.

Bob Crites

The 'F' are the latest ones that go into the Khorn and the LS boxes. This outsourcing of smaller batches, just to maintain the earlier design, is very costly. I think Klipsch wants like $250 or so for each of the little buggers.

Note that the K77F does NOT appear in the new HIII or CWIII, probably due to reasons of economy. Klipsch made up a new unit specifically for those units.

I think if I had to buy some new tweets I'd give Bob's CT125's a try before I bought F's from Klipsch.

Dean offered a pair of K77M just yesterday for like $125/pr, very good price imho.

Michael

Michael

I thought they were using a new tweeter with a tractix horn in the CW III's and H III's. The HII and CW II did not use K77's either they used K79K and K76K respectively

Michael

Yes, when we were in Hope in the fall of 2005, someone asked that question as to why the K77 was not in the Heresy III or CW III, and the cost of the driver was among the considerations mentioned by a Klipsch engineer.

• 12 years later...

have the dish that they have produced. in philipines. Oh, I'm not upset, something is wrong with sound, between the speakers. has to original pvk horn treble. The sound in them is more full. the sound moves between the speakers. in a nice way