New Klipsch owner RF-83

ram2500

New to this site, went with Klipsch for home HT setup. Purchesed RF-83s and RC-64 center about a month ago. Purchesed RF-82 for rear speakers on Saturday. So far seem to blend quite well. Have a pair of Infinty SM-152 for back speakers. The Infinty used to be my main speakers. Have a Klipsch KSW200 and a Velodyne DLS-5000 for subs. Had to add the Velodyne, the KSW200 didn't cut the mustard. Like to hear from other owners of the new reference series?

I also want to hear your impressions. I will demo the speakers later this week, and if I like what I hear I am seriously considering getting the rf-83 rc-64 combo.

Also, it occurred to me that rf-63s would make awesome surrounds (when I can afford it) since my rb-75s won't be timbre matched to my front end any more (although I doubt it will be too objectionable, but for surround music, how could you go wrong with rf-63 rears?).

you see what i have i love my velodyne sub wate i love all of my stuff klipsch is great for ear peircing sound and quality

Ear peircing sound! [:$]

I would say explosive dynamics and very capable of live SPL. Each time I walk to my Dyanduio dealer they ask me if my RF7's peirced my ear drums! LOL I say no just blood rushed out when I pumped the volume.

I am using a sony STR-DA7100ES for the receiver. It's unbelievable how loud this system is. Very happy with the sound quality of the whole system. Largest problem was getting the subs right. I now have Velodyne on top of the older Klipsch sub. Seems to work best that way. Did a comparison between the RF-83 and RF-82. Had to see if they 83 were worth the money over the 82. They are.